Monday, 29 August 2016

Another of those large flowers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well and you had a fabulous weekend.  I have another card to share with you today and here it is …

  
Back to A6 and no designer paper either!
These new dies are lovely!
It certainly is a beautiful flower
  
Such gorgeous dies and it's good to be enjoying my Martha Stewart border punches again
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Boots Challenge You Are My Sunshine
Deep Ocean Challenge #136 Things with Wings
Penny Black & More Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp
Scrapy Land Challenge #48 Use a stamp or digital image
I used Crafters Companion dies
The Corrosive Challenge #8 August Hot, Hot, Hot Summer: I went with hot colours


Not only have I become obsessed with this flower stamp I am also struggling to break away from these wonderful hot shades or lemon, orange and red: talk about the sort of colours I love to play with lol!  You see it’s not just about the blue, green, pink and purple with me!  I am a lover of bold colours, large flower stamps, butterfly stamps, and just any stamp that grabs my attention.
I have to say a huge thank to my lovely OH; a couple of weeks ago I was moaning that I didn’t have the pennies to spend on dies and that some of the dies at the top of my wish list were on special offer at Crafters Companion.  Well you could have knocked me down with a feather when he told me to purchase them: I am a very happy bunny playing with gorgeous new dies and, ahem, I have a couple of sets of new stamps (not Crafters Companion) that were a steal, ahem, I can’t tell you where I got them because there is one other set that I really want and if I am lucky enough to get them at the beginning of September I’ll let you know if they are still a steal.  I’m hoping you will see them soon as I want to try to stamp and create with them this weekend.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Entwined Collection stamp: Beautiful Bloom
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Davis Signature Butterfly Lullaby: Flit & Flutter die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Martha Stewart border punch; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass: A4 white stamping card snippets
300gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints:
Spectrum Sparkle pens: Clear Overlay
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Nature
Distress IP: Rusty Hinge
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; fun foam; Collall all purpose glue

13 comments:

Jane said...

I love your hot summer colours card Karen..perfect for our Hot Summer Days challenge over at Country View. Lucky you with new dies too!xx

rachel said...

such a pretty make Karen - I adore the summery colours and the flowers are so pretty! Looking forward to seeing what you make with your new dies! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CVC too and good luck in the draw - big hugs rachel x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Someone is a very lucky girl, what a great OH you have.

What a wonderfully sunny flower, especially combined with your hot coloured butterflies and pretty ribbon. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a happy looking cheerful card Karen...love the bright orange bloom
Cheers
Dr Sonia

brenda said...

The colours are lovely Karen and the flower really glows, thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Darlene said...

Beautiful rich colors! Awesome creation Karen! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘RIBBONS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Craftychris said...

Love the large flower and the gorgeous colours! Fab card! xxx

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful color choices here, and loving the design! So pretty!
Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that's so pretty and so clever! Such a fabulous take on our 'No Designer Series Paper' challenge. So stunning. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' crew this week. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Sammy said...

that's a fab card. I really love those colours too. Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card in the Sweet Stampin’ No Designer Paper Challenge!

Lisette Baker said...

Fabulous card, that flower is gorgeous, just like the sun itself, and the butterflies are the perfect accent. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member