Tuesday, 30 August 2016

August final bird ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I will try not to use these birds so much in September, apologies, I did become very obsessed with them lol!  Here is my final post for August …

 
Back to A6 and lots of bits and bobs added to this one
Loads of yummy colours and textures
Pretty birdie!
I love this sentiment die set: thank you Miss Pixie!
  
Little by little I am shrinking my hoarded embellishments
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #378 Use At Least Two Dies
Crafty Boots Challenge Sunshine Colours
Fantasy Stampers Challenge #70 Sunshine Colours: I used Dina Wakley stamps
Stamping Sensations Challenge August Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge #8 August Hot, Hot, Hot Summer


This card came about because the bird was stamped and coloured and the die cuts were cut from white card snippets so I decided to do a finishing bird for August with the promise that after tomorrow’s post I won’t use this bird stamp set again for the rest of September, lol, obsessed is a bit of an understatement so I am going to put this stamp set away and get my new stamps out to play with lol! 

My huge thanks goes out to the lovely Jane of Jane’s Journal for picking these colours as the theme at Country View Crafts Challenge for this month as I have loved playing with my richer and hotter colours this month and in fact quite a few of these colours were inspired by Jane as she is not afraid of colour like I can be lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Dina Wakley stamp set: Scribbly Birds
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Spellbinders: Large Classic Circle & Large Classic Scalloped Circle die sets
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Martha Stewart border punch; paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 Sheena Douglass stamping card; A4 Kraft card
Snippets white card for die cutting
Snippet DP
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful; Landscape
Versafine IP: black
White acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Lots of flowers from my stash
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

14 comments:

Kathleen said...

Weel it is a super image and I love the fabulous bold colours, great design.
Thank you for joining our Use Two Dies challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Lynne K said...

This is gorgeous, Karen, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of your bird cards! Love the Scribbly Birds. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, your little bird reminds me of the European Robin, a big favourite in our house at Christmas. It is lovely to see him here with the hot, sunny colours. Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

PLISSA ADD said...

Hola!!! Preciosa tarjeta llena de muchos detalles amorosos... gracias por compartirla con nosotras. Enjoy. Paula.

brenda said...

It's another glorious creation Karen, so full of colour and life, thanks so much for joining us again at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges.

B x

Mervi said...

Lovely colours and beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing your creativity over at Allsorts;-))m

rachel said...

a beautiful card karen - i hope you won't stop using these birds as i love them! thank for joining us at CVC too and good luck! hugs rachel x

rachel said...

I hope you don't stop using these birds Karen - I love them! Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and the cute bird and the fabulous embellishments! xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

A lovely card Karen, I can see why you enjoy using this stamp so much, he is fab.
Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Di said...

Love this Karen, what a great bird and such great colours you used too. Tickled to see you using the MFT 'Hello There' die set :)

Thanks for coming to play in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Jane said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed my challenge theme Karen. You made some beautiful cards and this is one of my favourites. Thanks for joining in with the fun over at Country View xx

Lisette Baker said...

I love the scribbly birds so please go on using them. Great card, love all the bits and bobs, along with the bird of course! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Julie B said...

A very sweet little birdie and lovely sunshiny embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. :)