Thursday, 4 August 2016

Birds of a feather ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am, if you hadn’t already guessed, in the midst of a bird dies or stamps obsession.  It’s really very unlike me, not!  But I am trying very hard not to post a bird card every other day lol!  So I had another play with the gorgeous Hummingbird die set I won from our lovely Jo and here is my latest play with this …

 
I had to go A5 for this beautiful panel but worth the extra postage though
  
A lot of details but I love it!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #374 A Touch of Sparkle
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge August Vacation: I am bird watching 
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge I am bird watching
That’s Crafty Challenge Birds of a Feather
The Pencil Case Challenge #25 Anything Goes
We Love to Create Challenge #16 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


I have just realised that there is no stamping what-so-ever on this card, there is quite a bit of die cutting and an awful lot of stencilling but no stamping.  I have also been playing with my Pebeo Dyna acrylic paints, I appear to be obsessed with them, and they also work beautifully along side my AquaTints which I didn’t expect so that’s a real bonus.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Couture Creations Hummingbird
Spellbinders Pansy die
Stencil:
DecoArt Americana Décor: 6” x 8” Short Circuit stencil
Tim Holtz layering stencil: Lines
Miscellaneous Tools:
Tonic Studios mini butterfly punch; paintbrushes; palette; water pot; flower mould

Supplies
Card Paper:
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylics: Blue Green; Green Blue; Violet Blue; Blue Black
DecoArt Americana paint: Coastal Waters
Black acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Waitrose: felt eggs (Easter)
Woodware: flourish chippie #
Brad #
Glitter #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Washi tape; air dry clay; double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 10 years old

10 comments:

rachel said...

this is gorgeous Karen - a really lovely diecut beautifully used - gorgeous! Big hugs rachel x

Arlene said...

Wonderful colors. Beautifully done.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Michelle N. said...

How gorgeous! Such lovely elements made this a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Vacations challenge!

Diane said...

Beautiful card and bird, so many pretty details! Thank you for joining our challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
Diane FAF DT

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the colouring on this card! It's so fun and beautiful!

Cara said...

Love that hummingbird and all the texture you've created. Cara x

Team Clark said...

This is really beautiful, Karen! Love your gorgeous layers and colors. Hugs, Autumn

Norma said...

Beautiful mixed media card, Karen. I love hummingbirds! Wonderful colour scheme and embellishments.
Thanks for joining the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with this card Karen! The colors are simply stunning. I love that hummer as you know, but the addition of the eggs, butterflies and flowers are perfect with him/her! I love those cute butterflies, they are so tiny and precious. Hugs, Brenda

Sally H said...

Totally Gorgeous! What great colours!