Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Birds plus layers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am having a bird stamp love affair and add bright, hot and zesty colours to that then I am in my crafting heaven, I did change the bird stamps though after all I don’t want you all squawking at me!  Here is today’s card …
  
 
Another A6 with depth but good to post
Loads of details
  I do love my bird stamps!
I don't know why it looks so brown here it's iridescent orange
  
These sweet embellishments are really old
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Mod Squad Challenge The Die’s The Thing
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Summer Fun:
I am having fun with my stamps and colouring mediums
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Make the Border: 
I have distressed the border of one of the DPs and one of the die cuts
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #83 Lots of Layers
Stamping Sensations Challenge August Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Zesty Zing
The Craft Barn Challenge Two Weekly Challenge use Blue/Blues


I think you can probably tell that I got to play with the Bright & Beautiful Spectrum Noir AquaTints on this card.  I was over the moon when I found that one of the colours in the set is very similar to Tim’s Peacock Feather distress colour, I love that colour so much, in fact, I love it even more than the Picked Raspberry lol!  The lemony yellow that came with this set is also a real zinger too.  The SU patterned paper was from another card maker who it appears no long crafts any more as I can’t find her blog, sadly, she was very talented.  Well I wanted to add some more orange to my zesty bird creation so I coloured the white flowers with my Pebeo iridescent acrylic paint and I coloured the die cut happy with a brown paint and then added the iridescent orange on top – it looks brown in the photographs which it isn’t it’s orange IRL.

I was in the mood to play with my patterned papers too and die cuts and ribbon and embellishments plus my distressing tool.  A completely different look to my flutterbye card but fun anyways.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Dina Wakley stamp set: Scribbly Birds
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Winnie & Walter: ‘happy’ die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Sheena Douglass stamping card
Stampin’ Up papers *
Snippets PP & coloured card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful; Landscape
Archival IP: black
Pebeo acrylic: Iridescent Orange Yellow
The Works: brown & white acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Bird embellishments #
Craftwork Cards: die cut rectangle and scalloped rectangle #
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

* a sweet friend sent me these but I don’t have the names of them or how old they are


8 comments:

Basslady said...

wow!i love the layers and style so much!
thank you so much for playing along with us AT sparkles!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi

Mrs A. said...

Does look like you were having fun. This is fab. Hugs Mrs A.

Judy Woodland said...

What a fun card, I love all the elements here. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
Judy - Challenge Host

brenda said...

A gorgeous creation Karen, looks like it was a fun make, many thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your creation is gorgeous. Love those beautiful layers of embellishments! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Joan said...

Great card, love the colourful scribble bird and all the layers

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The bird is adorable and I love the distressing.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Cazro said...

Hi Karen, Loving your card, the scribbly bird and the embellishments. Lovely to see you joining in, hope all is well. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT