Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Distressed ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’m trying hard to use the plethora of stamped and coloured images, made by me backgrounds, die cuts and snippets so that my box of them isn’t overflowing quite so much lol!  I started this last week and I am still not even half way through it, lol, and I have new stamps yelling that they weren’t purchased so that they could sit in a box unused lol!  And as we are hurtling through this month I thought it was a good idea to use the zingier coloured pieces before we fall into Fall (yes I use the word Fall because I find it prettier).  For today’s card offering I created a 5” x 7” card and used three different snippets: a DP snippet; a stencilled background snippet; a stamped card snippet and here it is …

 
I'm not quite sure how I have managed it but it has more depth that it looks in the photograph
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Hot
Crafty Boots Challenge Sunshine Colours
Die Cutting Divas Challenge #281 Anything Goes
Fantasy Stampers Challenge #70 Sunshine Colours: I used old Elusive Images stamps
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes


The bottom layer had a very pale lemony background with leaves and lines and after trimming it down I heavily coloured the edges with yellow, orange and brown.  The next layer was me practicing repeat stamping with different colours of DIP’s, the pale yellow has been covered by the orange and brown.  The next layer was the one that started out this experiment and snippet busting.  A white card snippet which I attached a stencil to and coloured with my AquaTints.  Then I die cut the Memory Box happy birthday die and coloured that using my landscape AquaTints.  Some layering, gluing and fun foam and the card is finished.

The end result is a little darker than I would usually do but I am very happy with the finished card and the colours, for a change, so it seems I can use brown with the rule that it has to be used with bright or bold or neon colours.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Chocolate Baroque stamp #
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Memory Box birthday die
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering stencil: wood grain
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippet DP
Snippets Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape; Primary
Distress IPs: rusty hinge; squeezed lemonade; vintage photo
Embellishments:
Metal pin heads #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 12 years old


10 comments:

Sue said...

This is fab Karen, I love these Summer colours. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Lin said...

I love your delicate oval wreath, Karen! Great use of your scrap basket stuff! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a pretty die Karen
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Dee's Craft Room said...

Yellows make the prettiest cards and your die cut is lovely Karen. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the die you have used. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Challenge 70 “Sunshine Colours” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Jane said...

And a final lovely card Karen. Gorgeous rich colours. Thanks so much for joining in with the fun over at Country View xx

L.B. said...

Thanks for playing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas. this looks great and must have been a labor of love.

Lisette Baker said...

This is simply gorgeous, such lovely colours and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, Great design. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz DT.

Helen said...

A great card - love that die.

Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

Helen x