Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Geometry and pink take two ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Because I really wanted to play and enter several challenges again I got my Altenew Whimsical Flowers stamp set out and here is my card …

A nice 148mm square this time - it's worth it!
I didn't photograph the depth very well, apologies!
These flower stamps are just fabulous!
I enjoyed watercolouring this one so much again
You can't expect that one!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #377 Fabulous Florals

I don’t have any flamingo images but I do have a pink sparkly plush dog embellishment and I thought that along with stamped and watercoloured Altenew pink flowers, pink card, pink die cuts and all of that might just fit the theme
Mod Squad Challenge The Die’s The Thing
 Scrapy Land Challenge #48 Use a stamp or digital image:
I used Spellbinder dies



 Seven Hills Crafts Challenge August Geometry *

* Spellbinder circle dies are geometric, the frame can be cut into two geometric halves, the frame border and card are geometry/geometric.


I created a card titled Geometry & Pink, see here, I used my Crafters Companion hexagonal dies because I thought that was geometry meant.  When I mentioned to my OH that I wanted to come up with another entry for a geometry themed challenge he told me that squares and circles are also geometry; geometry means shapes, doh I should have asked first lol!
So I wanted to create a pink card using the pink theme at Altenew and I wanted to incorporate geometry into it so that I could also enter Creative with Stamps, Seven Hills and Simon Says Stamps Wednesday challenges.  More bonuses were that this card could be entered into the Happy Little Stampers and Scrapy Land dies challenges and because I used my Spectrum Noir AquaTints would also be good for the Spectrum Noir challenge too lol!

Once again my MISTI has come in very useful because I was able to create a stamped and masked frame for this card – I love my Miss Misti!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Altenew: Whimsical Flowers stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Nestability die sets: large classic circle & large classic scalloped circle
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paint brushes; water pot; paint palette; pipettes

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass stamping card & snippets for die cutting
148 mm square 300 gsm card
Pearlescent pink card #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen set: Clear Overlay
Tim Holtz Distress IP: worn lipstick
Pink acrylic paint (for the die cuts)
Embellishment:
Pink sequinned dog #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Post It Notes (for masking); Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old


7 comments:

Billie A said...

Pretty card and love the flowers and the little doggie. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

brenda said...

Another really pretty floral creation Karen and super dimension, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge again.

B x

debby4000 said...

Oh I love the beautiful flowers and that fabulous dog is brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

lostinpaper said...

I would have hoarded that little dog forever, what a fun embellie for your beautiful card!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts X

Nancy Hill said...

Adorable card. Love the pink doggie and gorgeous flowers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land and look forward seeing your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Design Team for Scrapy Land.com

Lilian YF said...

Lovely flowers! Love the touch of the little Scottie!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio