Friday, 12 August 2016

Geometry and pink ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week is going well.  I have a lovely square card to share today and here it is …

  
A 148 mm square/6" card and not too deep
I am happy with this one

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #39 Anything Goes
 Seven Hills Crafts Challenge August Geometry


This beautiful stamp set is, currently, my only Altenew set of stamps.  There will be more at some point lol!  I love that you can do use them in so many different ways.  I’ve only just scratched the surface with them I am hoping to get some more time to play with them but those invites have just got to be done even though I am desperate to get inky and play with my dies, stamps, stencils and watercolours.  I wanted to do some masking with my MISTI and I wanted to colour these beautiful flowers so I used the Altenew outline stamp then coloured them with AquaTints washes before fussy cutting them.  The geometric and hello die cuts were from card that had already been coloured with AquaTints and I added a little Spectrum Noir Sparkle clear overlay to the flowers and then I used my Sakura Sparkle pen to outline the hello die cut to make it pop and not blend into the background.   I deliberately didn’t add much to my first card with these stamps because these Altenew flowers don’t need any thing else because they are beautiful and perfect already, well to me they are.

I am managing a little play in between but not as much as I would love.  It serves me right for offering without laying some rules about design and other stuff.  It’s working to someone else’s design and ideas not my own.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Altenew: Whimsical Flowers stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
My Favourite Things MFT Die-Namics: Hello There die set
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 10: Stitched Hexagon Dies
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paint brushes; water pot; paint palette; pipettes

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass stamping card
Prima: 6” square Pretty Pastel designer paper #
148 mm square 300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful (flower); Pastel (leaves & die cuts)
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen set: Clear Overlay
Adirondack IP: willow
Sakura Sparkle pens: lime #; raspberry #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old

10 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great card Karen. I love how you have used the tiles and petunias to balance the design, lovely shading on the tiles btw, and the check background looks lovey. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

brenda said...

A fabulous colour palette Karen and the hexagons really work well and balance out the blooms.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Two fabulous colours together. I'm resisting buying any Altenew stamps as I know I won't be able to stop at just one set!! Hugs Mrs A.

Billie A said...

Great layout and the flowers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative with stamps.

Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

lostinpaper said...

I agree, there are so many ways to use the Altenew stamps and the more the play the more I enjoy them too. Hope you are able to add to your stash real soon lol. Love your beautiful design!

Cara said...

Love the placement of the hexagons, and the colours. Cara x

Lilian YF said...

Lovely card! Love the color combo!!!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Emma Sims said...

A great floral card. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With a Die. Good Luck!

Emma - DT Member

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous flowers, which look so pretty against the gingham! Thanks for joining us at Creative With Stamps, Jo x

Helen Gullett said...

Beauitful flowers with those hexagon diecuts.
Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member