Monday, 8 August 2016

Hot & zesty fruits ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am back a bit earlier than I intended because I’m having so much fun with my Pastel AquaTints, I love them, and here is my card …

  
A one layer with a little embellishing

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Hot Summer Days: hot colours
 Lawnscaping Challenge #135 Patterned Palooza
I created my own patterns because I don’t have any Lawn Fawn papers


I decided to create pattern/patterns using the smallest images in my Lawn Fawn Summertime Charm stamp set because it’s been a long time since I attempted this technique.  It is more fun and challenging to use those little stamps so that they aren’t the added extras of a card.  They are the stars for a change and because I enjoyed doing this so much expect to see more some time soon lol!  I’ve just realised that doing this is a great way for me to practice my watercolour colouring in technique for smaller images which is a complete bonus too!  I will be looking at my other stamp sets to see if they all have a lot of smaller images that have been overlooked and will be stamping them when I can. 

I have to spend the rest of this week mocking up wedding invitation samples for my brother and Bethan.  I can’t spend any time getting overly mucky until they are done and posted – keep your fingers crossed for me to finish them soon lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Lawn Fawn: Summertime Charm stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Sheena Douglass stamping card
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastel
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear Overlay pen
Sakura Sparkle pen: dark red for the strawberries
Adirondack IP: willow
Letraset Promarkers: Poppy Red & Pear Green
Embellishments:
The Ribbon Girl: strawberry charm
Bakers Twine: green from my stash
Ribbons from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

7 comments:

Jane said...

Another lovely entry Karen to our Hot Summer Days challenge over at Country View.This card looks good enought to eat...love those summer fruits and that little charm. Great work! xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card Karen, your fruity paper looks amazing and I love your little strawberry charm. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Brenda said...

What a cute card Karen! And it looks yummy too. lol I love how colorful this card is and I love the colors you used on this one! Very hot for the summer!!! Love that strawberry charm too. Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Wow, that looks like a labour of love. Good luck with the wedding samples, hope you can share them with us at some point. Cara x

Samantha Mann said...

this is SO sweet!! love the pattern you created!! love those little fruits!! such a very pretty card!! wow! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Roxanne O'Brien said...

I adore the patterned paper you created here with all the yummy fruits and flowers for summer. So much fun! Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges.

Corrie Herriman said...

You've created a lovely patterned paper ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x