Monday, 1 August 2016

House of Cards August ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  As it is the beginning of the month it’s a new challenge at my beloved House of Cards.  This month we have a colour choice or supply requirement and here are the colours …


  or you can use Baker’s Twine

Or you can use the colours and Baker’s Twine on your card.  I love the gorgeous rich colour scheme and I love twine too so I used both and here is my card …

 
As I wanted to use three of the birds I had to use an A5 card
Such gorgeous creatures!
I think these are my favourite purchase so far this year
Those gorgeous die cut flowers
Then the brown & white/cream twine - I had no idea there were so many colour variants
I love these birds!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #374 A Touch of Sparkle
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #169 Summer
Dare 2B Artzy Challenge Lots of Layers
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge A walk in the garden
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Birds of a Feather
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #304 Happy Birthday
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge


I purchased this stamp set in July and I shared a couple of cards last month using these gorgeous birds and when I saw the colours for this challenge I knew I had to use them for this months challenge.  The colours are so very lush, gorgeous beige's, rich browns and reds.  They are reminiscent of autumn leaves and trees turning, and memories from a holiday to Boston some years ago.  I stamped the birds using Distress ink and coloured them with my AquaTints.  I used three birds, the flower, the flower bud and the berries from the set.  I used my Great Impressions cloud stencil kit.  The GI kit has become a really good fall back for me because now my clouds are perfectly fluffy every single time!  I used Kraft card for the base, another love, which I added detail to with one of my layering stencils.  The twine, which I am obsessed with lol, is from candy from one of my lovely team mates at HOC that had/has loads of different colours of twine, never seen some of those colours before, so I am working my way through it and loving all the colour choice.  The tags and flowers are die cuts from a magazine kit and the pearls are from my stash!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Prima Bloom Birds stamp set
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: lines
Great Impressions Stamps: Cloud Stencil kit
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
Kraft card from my stash
Red card from my snippets stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pad: Weathered Wood
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape; Perfectly Primary
Imagination Crafts Silkies: Sunshine Satin
Embellishments:
The Works: self adhesive Pearls
Ribbon
Twine
Card making kit #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Washi tape

# a kit that came with a card magazine a few years ago (minimum of a few years)



17 comments:

Stir Your Creativity said...

Lovely card.

Virginia Lu said...

Love the warm tone and deep rich coloring! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Fabulous colors and design. Well done!

Wendy L said...

So sweet, thanks for joining in our Sparkle challenge at Allsorts, xxx

rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous Karen - love it xx

Donna said...

What a darling scene, great use of the challenge colors and twine! Donna HOC teamie

Jane Knudsen said...

Such a cute card! The colors are beautiful and the birds look happy and glorious! jane hoc teamie

Ina G said...

Simply adorable Karen. So sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Cara said...

This is such a sweet card, love it. Cara x

crafty said...

Pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary

Brenda said...

What a stunning card Karen! I love the color combo, the birds and the flowers as well as the twine. You brought all these things together so well and have this gorgeous card to show for it! Hugs, Brenda

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love the birds and the flowers are gorgeous, I can see why they were a favorite. Shirley H. Teamie

Michele Henderson said...

Gorgeous card! I love to see cards with birds! Beautiful design and great color too! I love that little twine bow sticking out too!
Take care!
Michele

Rebecca said...

Beautiful birdies! Love the bunting and twine too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

MHK Designs said...

What a lovely card, Karen! I adore those tweet birds--and your coloring is SO pretty! The flowers and twine are the perfect finishing touches, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Shawna Standish said...

Oh Karen this is just wonderful! Your birds are having quite a chat. Your flowers though are probably my favorite part of the design. And how you tied not one, but three pieces of twine so perfectly is a small miracle. Great job teamie..
Cyber Hugs
Shawna :)

Sasha Jundt said...

Beautiful card! The image is gorgeous - love these birds! Te paper flowers are great match to the image. Wow!
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us at FFFC. Good luck and hope to see you next time too!
Sasha

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Adorable bird image and design :o)
Tina HOC teamie