Sunday, 7 August 2016

Sketch card #1 of 2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  Last week I saw a sketch and a photograph at a couple of the challenges I like to enter and luckily for me the next day a stamp set I’d ordered arrived and I was desperate to play with the new stamps so I stamped and coloured the image on Friday afternoon lol!  So here is my card …

 
  An A6 Kraft, White & Pink card!
I am obsessed with this flower stamp now lol!
It's a wonderful whopper - I love watercolouring large flowers!
Had to add some pink splatters and that beautiful word die
Let's say this isn't the last time you will be seeing this stamp!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #241: the strips of paper & the die cut

 Share Joy Challenge #47 Sketch &/or Tic Tac Toe: 
I followed the sketch

Stamping Sensations Challenge August Anything Goes

 The Heart Desires Challenge #3 Inspiration Photograph
My use of Kraft card is from the wooden floor and the pink from the succulents


Two months ago I won the random voucher prize from Spectrum Noir’s Facebook Challenge, and I was a very happy bunny yipee!  I hummed and hawed for a bit before finally choosing  two more sets of the Spectrum Noir AquaTints (Bright & Beautiful and Pastels).  I didn’t plan to purchase or pick them because I’d assumed they were pastel or bright versions of the colours in the other sets that I have.  Then I watched one of Sheena’s You Tube videos and learnt that they are different colours/shades/tones and so I had to have them and so went that voucher.  I am so very happy I did!  The Pastel set is beautiful, so pretty and very delicate.  The Bright & Beautiful set just zings and pops with lovely vibrant colours.  I guess I am going to be watercolouring for a while lol!  I am so happy and so very grateful for any challenge prizes I am lucky enough to win: so a huge ginormous thank you to every single challenge and for all the hard work that you do!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Entwined Collection stamp: Beautiful Bloom
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Tim Holtz Thinlits die set: Handwritten Love
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
Crafters Companion Kraft A4 Card
Snippets of Prima Pretty Pastels DP 6” square
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastels
Spectrum Sparkle: Clear Overlay
Distress IP: Weathered Wood
Embellishments:
Glitter #; gems #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


19 comments:

Lynne K said...

Very pretty, Karen. That flower is stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

brenda said...

Blogger must be having an off day Karen as I am not getting photo's other than one with just the close up of a lovely pink flower, thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Oh yes indeedy big is indeed beautiful and I love it . Gorgeous pink too. Off to have a pursue of Crafters Companion. I feel a spend coming on. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Lovely card Karen, and I do love the flower stamp - really pretty! Thanks for coming to play. And, the 'U S of A A6' card is fatter and shorter than our 'proper' A6 card. Somehow it seems more balanced - measures 4.25" x 5.5".

Have a good week!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

Well know, I am loving this color combo Karen! Who doesn't love kraft color cardstock?!! And something else I am loving is that large flower stamp, it is so beautiful and I love the way you have colored it up. Love the friends die cut and the dew drops you have used. Great, simple card! Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Love your watercoloured flower on that craft card, stunning. Cara x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love the colours you've used and your flower is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Sally H said...

A gorgeous creation, Karen! I love it! A great use of the snippets too! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and I will see you by the bike shed with a drop of Sarn's punch! :D

rachel said...

a beautiful card Karen - really lovely xx

CreativeKhadija said...

This is so pretty! love the idea :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

yyam said...

This turned out pretty! That big watercoloured bloom is really eye-catching!

P/s: Sometimes I get really excited by new art supplies too! :)

Donna said...

What a fabulous card, actually you have lots of beautiful cards on your blog, really like your watercoloring, I browsed around after I read your lovely comment on my blog! I've only looked at your HOC posts before. I am your newest follower. Have a good evening.

SARN said...

What a lovely looking card Karen. Great layout and pretty flower.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Katarzyna Ewa said...

This is gorgeous! How did you make the flower like this?
OMG I love it!

Hugs. Katarina

Megan J said...

Hi Karen, a gorgeous card love the pink and kraft colour combo and the stunning flower! Have a fabulous week and thank you for the lovely comment you left me... Megan

Pawsitively Creative said...

Huge congrats on your win and what a lovely way to spend that voucher. This card is beautiful and your water coloring is breathtaking! The texture you added to the middle of the petals and pulled outward is spectacular! Awesome sauce and gorgeous. I hope you are doing well dearie. Hugz. ~Niki

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card with fantastic detail. Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog :) xx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Karen, Shaz here. i was really excited to see the link you sent me, thank you so much! I hadn't been able to find them anywhere other than Amazon, so this is a great source. I shall be needing some more soon as well, so thank you so much for the help. Love how you've put this card together, it's really vibrant, and I'm not normally a pink person, lol. Have a lovely Christmas, Hugs, Shaz xx