Tuesday, 9 August 2016

Sketch card #2 of 2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was fabulous!  I hope your week has started well too.  I have the second card I created because of a sketch and new stamps and here it is …

 
Another A6 card using the smaller two flowers this time
I need to practice the colouring smaller flowers
It's not quite worked and I'm not sure why lol!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
   Happy Little Stamper’s Die Cut Challenge August

 Share Joy Challenge #47 I used the sketch and 
flowers-blue-ink splatter from Tic Tac Toe
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Use Your Scraps: 
the strips of patterned paper and the die cuts


I knew as soon as I saw this stamp set from Leonie that it was the first of her designs I was going to purchase.  I love to watercolouring because it enables me to stop worrying, to stop stressing and it helps me cope better if my back pain is bad enough that I can’t craft because I can envisage myself watercolouring and daftly that in itself calms and relaxes me.  When I can manage to craft and watercolour a little I get completely engrossed and more than once DH has had to get me from my craft room and make sure I stop because I have no idea of the time or how long I have been painting which is both good and bad lol!


So my next experiment with this lovely stamp set was to use the two smaller flowers and to use a very pale ink to stamp with.  I already know that I am going to repeat this experiment to see if I can replicate the same result I achieved with the darker ink and pink watercolour.  I love this blue, white and Kraft colour palette much like the pink one it works naturally.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Entwined Collection stamp: Beautiful Bloom
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Tim Holtz Thinlits die set: Handwritten Love
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
Crafters Companion Kraft A4 Card
Snippets of Stampin’ Up DP 6” square #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastels
Adirondack IP:
Sakura Sparkle pen: Teal
Embellishments:
Sequins from my stash
Craftwork Cards die cuts #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 3 years old


10 comments:

rachel said...

lovely make Karen - beautiful xx

brenda said...

You can never beat a flower or two Karen and these look so pretty in the blue against the white.

Many thanks for your very kind words, they are appreciated more than you know.

B x

SARN said...

Very very pretty x

Brenda said...

Gorgeous Karen, just gorgeous!! Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Stunning card, love the layers and depth. Cara x

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Beautiful project! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi

Marjut said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Emma Sims said...

I love this - so well created. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With a Die. Good Luck!

Emma - DT Member

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! This is fabulous. Love the flowers, background and sentiment.

Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member