Sunday, 28 August 2016

Spectrum Aqua experiment ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have been playing with another re-cycled stamp that I was lucky enough to win from our Brenda and a gorgeous set of Paperbabe butterfly stamps that I was very lucky to win too.  Both Brenda’s stamp and the Paperbabe butterflies have quickly become favourites that I currently adore.  I think the flower stamp is a Sweet Pea – mum would be able to confirm or deny that for me but she is on her holiday-ma-bobs right now and wouldn’t appreciate me contacting to ask lol!  So here’s my card …

  
Back to A6
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #378 Use At Least Two Dies
Deep Ocean Challenge #136 Things with Wings
 Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #40 photo inspiration:
I was inspired by the shades of orange, brown and green
Penny Black & More Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp
The Corrosive Challenge #8 August Hot, Hot, Hot Summer: hot colours 
The Pencil Case Challenge #27 Anything Goes


It was only after I had stamped the panel that I thought to look through my papers to see if I had any that would work with the stamped image which is really naughty of me.  I used two sheets of really old DP stash and I used card that I had coloured with my very Bright & Beautiful AquaTints and as I had some of the AT in my paint palette I also coloured a white air dry clay leaf as I knew it would look good with the rolled flower.

I inked up the flower stamp using a light green and orange from my Nature Aqua pen set and stamped onto watercolour paper and I immediately sprayed the image with water, unusually for me very lightly which is good, as the image has only bled a little and I wanted that look for this card.  I used my heat tool to dry the watercolour panel before stamping the butterflies (inked orange Aqua pen) and I inked the Just a Note with the Versafine IP and stamped in position.  I love working in this colour palette, it’s rich, gorgeous and warm so I love it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Pieridae butterfly stamp set
Stamp Addicts flower stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Marianne D Chinese Rolled Rose die set
The Butterfly die was from a magazine
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI stamping tool; Tim Holtz Distressing tool; Makins air dry clay mould #; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion watercolour paper
300gsm card
K&Co DP #
Snippets card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Aqua: Nature pen set
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Fimo Light air dry clay
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

9 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card! Really lucky to have won those beautiful stamps too! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

brenda said...

Stunning Sweet Pea creation Karen, so pleased it's useful. Many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges.

B x

Cara said...

Definitely a sweet pea and a very sweet card! Cara x

Mervi said...

Lovely and beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous image and the colours are stunning, a really lovely creation.
Thank you for joining our Use two dies challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

linda said...

such a pretty card, karen, in those colours and i love all the embellishments you've added! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda

Jane said...

What great stamps Karen and such a lovely card. Thanks for joining in with the fun over at Country View. Our Hot Summer Days challenge is nearly at an end xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge, use more than TWO dies, great card, lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Helen Haines said...

Lovely effect. Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case challenge. Helen DT