Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Thank you Miss Pixie ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Today I used the lovely new die I last won from Di’s Snippets Challenge.  I decided I wanted to use my Paperbabe Tree Hugs stamp and Little Claire Volkswagen camper van to create a card inspired by Kawaii art.  It was so much fun making the tree and van look more like anime comic images, and, here it is …

An A6 card which is good to post
I have actually managed to photograph some of the AquaTints sparkle 
and Spectrum Sparkle on the VW camper!
You can see how much fun I had lol!
It's funny how the Spectrum Sparkle can look like white dots at times!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #374 A Touch of Sparkle
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge August Vacations: 
I want to travel through the US on a Winnebago and to see the Northern Lights!
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Use Your Scraps: the tree, camper & die cut


It’s been a while since I last tried to create a Northern Lights sky and that obsession has never fully left me because I haven’t completely gotten it right yet.  I had an inkling that the AB sky would work with the Kawaii stamps.  I knew that colouring the sky with rich deep colours would mean any over stamping would be an issue.  So I created my AB sky then stamped the tree and camper van onto white card snippets before colouring them and fussy cut them out.

I think it has and I had a lot of fun creating this one.  The sky colour is a little too dark but it’s nearer than my previous attempts of capturing the look so that’s good and it was such fun to use these stamps this way too.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Tree Hugs set
Little Claire Stamps: Dinky Volkswagen stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
MFT Die-namics: Hello There die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; paint palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful; Essentials
Spectrum Sparkle pens: Clear overlay
Versafine IP: Onyx Black
Adirondack Permanent pens: oregano #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash, must be 8+ years old

10 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card Karen. Your background is amazing, it reminds me of a brooding storm. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Arlene said...

What a great background and I love the VW Van.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

SARN said...

Another lovely scene and love the stand out new die you won xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Looks just super! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi

creationsnz said...

Super scenic card Karen. Thanks for joining the challenge at Die Cut Divas, CarolG

Cara said...

Love the scene you've created here. Cara x

sirkkis said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for sharing with us at TioT.

chrissie said...

Love the camper van on this fun card

Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Helene E said...

Wonderful scene! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

Brenda said...

Fabulous card Karen! I love the van, take me back a few years....ok more than a few! lol Your scene you created is awesome, and I love the sparkle on your van. Gotta get me some of those SN Sparkle pens. Hugs, Brenda