Sunday, 21 August 2016

Twofer, one inspired by Spectrum Noir DT Claire ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Well it’s pretty obvious why I am here, lol, and here is my first card …

 
It looks so deep but it will be okay to post!
 
Lovely soft pastel colours, forgot how much I love the pastels and pretty blossoms too
  
I do adore my dies too
A final look at this CASE!

the Pastel AquaTints and that was the point when I knew that I needed the Pastel ATs, and I mean really needed lol!  I went to the Spectrum Noir blog to read the tutorial and I have tried this technique with my other ATs watered down but the colours aren’t as beautiful.  So you see I really did need the Pastel ATs. 
This week I finally got a chance to create a card following Claire’s tutorial.  I was surprised that Claire used cheap printer paper to create her flowers and I gave it a try but I expected the flowers to disintegrate after adding the ATs, they didn’t, to my surprise, even though our current printer paper is really awful lol.  
I used a border die and this flower die which are from the Crafters Companion Inspiration magazines, along with a gorgeous die I won from the lovely Miss Pixie.  I used Sheena’s stamping card for my background and I added a layer of water to that before using the Pastel ATs straight out of the bottle, no watering down required.  I left the background card and the white printer paper to dry before die cutting the border and the flowers.  I curved the flower petals with my scissors before adding some really old brads to three of them.  My final touch to the flowers was to add a layer of Clear Spectrum Sparkle to the petals.  I have been lucky enough to be picked by the random link as the winner from Spectrum Noir challenges and the mediums I used to create this card are prizes I have been lucky enough to win and it feels to me that this card was meant to be created by me.
My second card was in part inspired by Claire’s but I wanted to add my own twist which means stamping in some form was required, lol, and here it is …

 
You can see the shimmer!
All the gorgeous paint and ink!
These flowers are lovely
The gorgeous border die
I am also obsessed with this die too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #377 Fabulous Florals


Mod Squad Challenge The Die’s The Thing
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #243 the flowers were stamped onto white card snippets and a snippet was added behind the die cut
Scrapy Land Challenge #48 Use a stamp or digital image:
I used a Crafters Companion die
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Summer Fun:
I am having fun with my stamps and colouring mediums
I used a border die on the top and added a ribbon border at the bottom
Spectrum Noir Challenge August Anything Goes


I love the flowers in my newish Leonie stamp set so much that I am struggling not to use them every time I stamp something right now.  I’ve used the two smaller flowers from the stamp set and the larger flower has been stamped twice and heavily curled with my scissors before being glued on top of another one.  The card I used for stamping the flowers on was white snippets, the ‘hello’ die cut was a snippet of pink and the paper behind the border was also another snippet.  All these snippets being used but that are still quite a lot in my pile, grr!  

I have stamped these flowers a couple more times onto white card snippets but I have gone bold and bright – you will be seeing them soon lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Entwined Collection: Beautiful Bloom stamp set
Card 1 & 2 Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Border die
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Flower die
My Favourite Things Dienamics Hello There die set
Card 1 & 2 Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets Sheena Douglass stamping card
Prima 6” square DP: Pretty Pastels
Printer paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastels
Embellishments:
Brads #
Glitter #
Ribbons from Carol – thank you!
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Collall dimensional glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I love this Karen . I'm a pastels girl myself so this has gone down a treat with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

Just beautiful. Cara x

brenda said...

A very quick catch up as I am all behind (again) and to see your work, lovely as always Karen.

B x

Darnell J Knauss said...

These took my breath away, Karen, especially the first one! What beautiful and charming designs!! Well done following Claire's tutorial! Hugs, Darnell

Virginia Lu said...

Hello Karen, your flowers are absolutely beautiful! The dimensions and colors are exceptional! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make For the Border” Challenge! Well done!

brenda said...

Back again Karen to say thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Di said...

Wow Karen, how pretty! LOVE the way the Hello is toned and those flowers are just fabulous.

Really reminds me of sugared almonds - such pretty colours :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra said...

Such pretty cards, both cards have fabulous flowers and lovely soft colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely relaxing card with those colors- Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad!

Sally H said...

Wow, Karen! Totally Stunning! I love them! Gorgeous makes. Please don't show me any more aqua tints or I might have to buy some, lol :D

laurie said...

So gorgeous! Just stunning!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Julie B said...

Such soft and pretty pastel colours. I have the border die but have yet to use it, perhaps now I will!
Thanks for sharing at HLS this month. :)

Wendy L said...

So pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx