Monday, 5 September 2016

A second attempt at the Mama Elephant cutie critters ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week/weekend is going well.  In July I mentioned that I wanted to improve my colouring of critter images and small images and I shared a card, here.  Today I have my second attempt at colouring these cutie pies and here it is …

  
A slightly larger 5" x 7" card
The white balloon I thought I could fix because I coloured it the wrong colour.
Something I won't attempt again lol!
It's daft but I feel like I took a step forward because the texture of the fur is obvious
I adore the bunny, he's so cute!
The texture is obvious on the close up!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Travel: I am not sure if this is what was meant, lol,
travelling by balloon is the best way to travel 
as you don’t have to worry about queues or traffic jams lol!  
Ladies please let me know if you want me to remove my card
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #225 Everything I used on this card was snippets
The Corrosive Challenge #8 Anything Goes


Okay I thought I’d show you number two because I have made mistakes on this one, several mistakes lol!  I have learnt that I must let the critters dry before adding further pen or brush strokes to imply the texture/fur.  I now know that I have been going in to add these details much too quickly before now.  The second thing I learnt was do not use white acrylic or gesso to hide a mistake.  The third thing I learnt was when stamping and colouring on Kraft card snippets it’s going to be darker and if you colour the whole piece it won’t be obvious to anyone else that it started out as Kraft coloured and that’s why I’ve shared this with today to remind me.  The final thing I learnt was that I like these images and that was not expected at all because I tend to go to realistic images instead, lol! 


I am continuing with my bird phase but trying to use different stamps and stamps that I have only used once before.  I am also having a stamp renaissance by using my older stamps with my newer colouring mediums.  I have new stamps ready and waiting to be played with but for some reason the older stamps are calling my name right now lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Mama Elephant stamp set: Up & Away
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
My Favourite Things Die-Namics: Hello There die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paint brushes; palette; water pot; Tim Holtz distressing tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets Kraft card; snippets white card; snippets DP
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Nature
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


10 comments:

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing with us by The Corrosive Challenge Blog.
Hugs Bianca DT.

Di said...

Oh how cute Karen! And your colouring is fabulous too,

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

Oh my, what super cute little critters and colored beautifully! Thank you for joining our challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
Diane FAF DT

rachel said...

brilliant make Karen and great colouring - I think it fits the travel theme perfectly so thanks for joining us at CVC too! Hugs rachelx

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! darlin card, luv those images and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Cara said...

Looks like you've been busy recently making some fabulous projects. Sorry, I've not been able to visit and comment recently. Cara x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful colours on this gorgeous card Karen, love those little cuties.

Sue xx

Tracy Freeman said...

They are awesome Karen, I love love love the texture. Sending hugs xxx

Maura Hibbitts said...

Karen, your little critters are so cute hanging from the balloons! Love the texture and coloring! So happy you've joined us for our Stamp It challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! xx Maura

Rae Ann said...

Such a pretty watercolor effect. The distressed edges give so much texture.

Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Anything Goes challenge.