Thursday, 15 September 2016

A third attempt at Mama Elephant Colouring ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Before I share my CAS card today I want to thank you all for the comments on yesterday’s Spotty Toadstool card, lol.  I really enjoyed making that and I wasn’t sure if I had created a shabby chic style card.  Obviously by all the lovely comments I did.  After I have blogged my stash of a bit more CAS cards you will be seeing more like yesterdays as it was pure fun and pure joy to create and I want to make more like that!

Whilst I am here I also want to apologise for not welcoming most of the recently new followers to my blog.  I hope you will accept my huge apology because health and other issues have gotten the better of me for the last couple of months.  So now I want to officially welcome Donna, Karen, June, Kimberley, Almo, Katie, Lisa, Lillian, Cara, The Altered Player, Megan J, Crafty Chris, Hilde, Linsey R & The Bearded Bookworm!  If I have missed anyone please let me know, it’s been too long since all followers were thanked and welcomed.  So I’ll try to keep up better from here on in. 

Earlier this month I shared my second attempt at colouring these Mama Elephant critter images and I shared a card, here.  I decided to try out a third time to see if I could remember the tips and be happy with the result and here’s my card …

 
A nice little A6 card and more snippets were busted!
These papers are really old!
I tried something a little different again
Ideal for a birthday or other celebration
I am happy with the end result

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge September Anything Goes with Die Cuts 
Spectrum Noir Challenge on Facebook Use Kraft the monkey was stamped and coloured on Kraft using a mix of AquaTints and Spectrum Aqua pens
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Cute and Cuddly
The Corrosive Challenge #8 Anything Goes 
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #257 Anything Goes, option of a sketch


I want to try and practice twice a month, to be honest, as I struggle so much with critters and little things too.  I am so happy I tried again as I can see a different already and I hope you can too.  This time I applied two layers of colour and left the image to completely dry between each layer.  Once I was sure the second layer was dry I went back and added texture to the critter and shadows to the balloons.

Because I was thinking about it and looking back at the coloured image from the last card I was more careful and I took my time watercolouring the image.  I’ve also learnt or re-learnt from the Spectrum Noir Colorista course that I need to work from the outside in.  I know you would think that I was already but I wasn’t even thinking about where to start I’d just go at it randomly.  Less haste is definitely the answer and trying to remember the tips I have picked up too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Mama Elephant: Up & Away stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Whimsy die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets Crafters Companion Kraft card
Background paper #; snippets DP #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful set
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Nature
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 10 years old



8 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Karen, I think your card is lovely. The little monkey is so cute and the colourful ballons look great. Barbxx

mixamatoasties said...

What a cutie.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Sammy said...

Definitely cute! Love that monkey. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Mrs A. said...

Love the shading on your balloons. I'm following the spectrum Noir course too and have found it very helpful. I even managed to watercolour a whole flower. Petal by petal.
hugs Mrs A.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

suzanne2 said...

lovely card, thank you for sharing it with us at creative inspirations.
Suzanne

Gabriela Ulate said...

Very beautiful card , thank you for participating The Corrosive Challenge B. Luck!!
Gaby DT

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx