Thursday, 29 September 2016

Africa part four ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have another African theme card to share with you and here it is …

A 150mm square card
Okay to post and I didn't realise the leaves would nearly blend into the card!
Lots of inky goodness and snippets too
He was easier and therefore more enjoyable to colour in this time
I think the extra die cuts are here to stay
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge #138 Anything Goes
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #173 My Favourite Things:
Dies, stamps & watercolours
Scrapy Land Challenge #50 Birthday
I used Crafters Companion and Whimsy Stamps brands
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
The Pencil Case Challenge #29 Anything Goes


Because the first time I used this stamp I thought about how I was going to colour him.  So I was able to use both my practice piece (this one) and this lion card and unusually I was able to create another male birthday card for our box.  I stamped both of the lions and then coloured the scenes behind.  I coloured the lion with a base layer of light brown then went in back in with some yellow, orange and darker brown pencil to add shade and texture to his fur and his mane.  I also went back in after the lion had dried to add a darker patch of grass beneath him so that he has a lovely shadow.  The die cuts were all snippets of leftovers or experiments and there is no girlie shimmer so it will be for a male.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy: Roar stamp set
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 11clear leaf stamps
Stencil:
Tim Holtz layering stencil: lines
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Whimsy Stamps: Sentimentals Birthday die set
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 11 clear leaf stamps
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; trimmer; sponge

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card; Kraft card
Snippet pearl card from my stash
Patterned paper from my stash
Snippets white card that had been coloured were used for die cutting then stamping the leaves
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Set 1 Colorista pencils
Stazon Solvent Midi IP: Ganache
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent Orange/Yellow
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; fun foam; double sided tape


6 comments:

rachel said...

love this Lion Karen and the colours nd leaves are beautiful too - fabulous x

Virginia Lu said...

Love the textures and layering! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Véronique said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at SCRAPY LAND Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Sharon said...

A beautiful card and I Love the gorgeous vibrant colours.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Hugs Sharon. x

Helen Haines said...

Such a clever card. Thank you for joining as at the Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT