Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Africa part three ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.   I have another African scene that didn’t turn work so well to share with you today.  I had to cut my landscape panel up to be able to create this card.  This time I made sure that there were no large elephants on top of the Marula trees foliage (aka Sclerocarya Birrea).  I have to admit up front that I hadn’t noticed that there were three elephants in the tree yesterday and the comment that the lovely Dionne left me really made me chortle.  Three large elephants standing on the top of a tree in Africa and that must have been on strong tree lol!  Anyways here is my card …


A 150mm square card
Good to post
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Stamps, watercolours and learning/trying different techniques
Inky Chicks Challenge Animals 
Make My Monday Challenge #31 No Patterned Paper
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #248: the inked and stamped landscape
Spectrum Noir Challenge on Facebook Use Kraft 


The error was, luckily for me, a big splash of water on my card stock which when working with AquaTints or Distress inks is nearly impossible to hide, believe me I know that because I have tried lol!  Because it was so small I grabbed some of the larger peel offs and some more Kraft card, which I am obsessed with right now!  I am hoping to play more with these stamps next month as right now I love these images and of course these colours too.

In the interests of being completely honest I was dreading finding a way to use some peel offs in what I create these days.  But I have changed my mind, oh my!!  I love the background I created with them and maybe therein lies an idea for me to mull on and to try again.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy: African Landscape stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:                    
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; trimmer

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card; Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Versafine IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; fun foam; double sided tape

13 comments:

Gina Knott said...

This is so beautiful! I love the scene you have created and the peel offs look fab! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

rachel said...

Gorgeous colours Karen - a beutiful make - and thanks for joining us at countryview challenges! Hugs rachel x

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the scene your created with that awesome stamp and the sky. I really love the whole thing! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)

Monika Reeck said...

your main image is stunning
and lovely sponging the sunset there
adorable silhouette Stamp you have used
cool card
many thanks for joining with us at Creative With Stamps this month
Hugs
Monika

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jane Willis said...

A gorgeous card! I have that peel off set, it's been sitting unloved in my stash for years, but you've made it look stunning. They make a perfect background for your gorgeous scene
Jane

Shawna Standish said...

just scrolling down to comment on your awesome HOC bird card and saw this gem!! Wow is all I have to say.. Colors are magnificent.

Craftyfield said...

Lovely stamp and sunset background! Thanks for joining us at Country View challenges.

Monika Gulyas said...

Another great Africa themed card, Karin! Thank you for joining the September challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

Jo Nevill said...

What a fabulous background you have created. Great scene too.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Véronique said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

MaryV said...

Beautifully coloured, Karen! Thank you for playing along at CWS Challenge.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Nandini said...

Beautiful scene with fabulous colors and I love the African icons that you have added on the sides. Thank you for Joining us at Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best to you. Nandini DT