Monday, 12 September 2016

Autumnal Distressed Wings ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Not a bird for a change, an unused stamp from a previous issue of Crafters Companion Inspiration Issue 9 magazine.  So I played with the Bright & Beautiful and Beautifully Grunge AquaTints set to create this card and here it is …

 
An A6 card
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Autumn colours 
Inky Chicks Challenge Fairies &/ Wings 
 Mod Squad Challenge Fall colours
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #83 Lots of Layers
The Corrosive Challenge #8 Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge September Card Challenge Anything Goes


I used old papers and ribbon, although I managed to hide that and the Kraft background with the stamped and pink layers on this card.  I stamped the dragonflies with my Versafine ink pad and then coloured them.  I deliberately left it overnight to dry before adding the lime green around them.  I adore the distressed look I achieved with the pink layer, the stamped layer and by adding more paint and ink layers to the stamped panel.  I also got to use one snippet die cutting the sentiment.

My joy right now is that I don’t know what I am going to create next!  It could be distressed, shabby or CAS and I love the liberation that I feel able to create just for me and in whatever style that I am in the mood to create.  It is very freeing for me and I am loving the ride and the journey right now and whatever the destination is at the end I know I enjoyed it and loved it lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Edition Issue 9
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
My Favourite Things Die-Namics: Hello There die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; Tim Holtz distressing tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
Prima: Pretty Pastels DP which has Kraft sheets in the pack
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
The Works: gems
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

6 comments:

Véronique said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

Arlene said...

Beautiful panel - love all the colors on the background.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Cindy C. said...

Great colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

Leslie said...

Beautiful project with an awesome design! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog's "Color Inspiration - Fall Colors" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, MSCB Challenge Hostess
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT
Love To Craft Challenge Blog DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT
Creatalicious Challenges DT
Let's Craft and Create DT
Mod Squad Challenge Hostess

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a fab card lovely, the colours are beautiful !!! I hope you are well and doing ok with the heat the last few days, its been a killer !!
Sending lots of hugs xxxx

Rae Ann said...

Love the gorgeous background and the colors for the dragonflies. They work so well together!

Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Anything Goes challenge.