Saturday, 17 September 2016

Colourful snippets ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you are have fabulous weekend plans.  I have been trying to half my stash of created by me backgrounds, stamped and coloured images and die cuts piles.  I have not through as many as I hoped or planned too, lol, anyways here is today’s card …
  
 
A 148mm square card
I have to admit I enjoyed it and I love the end result lol!
I have checked and there are no loose or pilled pieces on the finished card so 
I've no idea why there are so many now!
I love this stamp set so much
And I love these butterfly stamps too!
Loads of lovely die cuts
The ivy will be used a lot
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #62 Butterflies and L for Lavender

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge September Anything Goes with Die Cuts 
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Things with Wings
Scrapy Land Challenge #49 Anything Goes: I used Crafters Companion dies


So I had a snippet of orange and lemon coloured card that I stamped the Pieridae butterflies onto with Versafine before edging the panel with pink and then spraying the living daylights out of it to distress and mottle the stamped card.  I then grabbed some snippets of green card which I die cut using one of my fabulous new dies.  As I had quite a few orange and red snippets from my August creations I die cut the two butterflies too.  As I had a large square piece of purple coloured card I decided to stamp Leonie’s flower onto it and I was able to use the whole piece of card.  I decided to add a bit of depth to the petals to keep it simple.  After I fussy cut the flowers out I started playing with layout and added three more embellishments.  All of these pieces of card were coloured with two sets of my AquaTints and I used three different ink pads.  Snippets piles are a little smaller but I have a way to go to completely catch up with them lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Pieridae butterfly set
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Entwined Collection stamp: Beautiful Bloom
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Signature Collection:
Die’sire:
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
Crafters Companion A4 Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Sparkle: clear overlay
Versafine IP: black
Distress IP: Antique Linen
Embellishments:
The Works: large half pearls
Brad (old from my stash)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; fun foam; Collall all purpose glue


11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your lavender flower is sooo pretty Karen
Cheers
Dr Sonia

brenda said...

Another glorious creation Karen, love all the colours and lovely textural elements.

B x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful layers of butterflies and foliage! Lovely colors that are charming in the design. Thanks for playing in the "Things with Wings" challenge with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge.

Mrs A. said...

This is totally gorgeous and leonie's fussy cut flowers look stunning. Love all the vibrant colours . Thank you so much for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

stunning use of colour Karen - love this to bits! Hugs Rachel x

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, how are you doing ?
this is such a pretty card, so colourful and full of life...I LOVE it !!
Hope you are looking after yourself. Sending lots of Tracy hugs xxxx

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Cec said...

Lovely card with well co-ordinated elements. The big purple flower goes perfectly with all the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Swissie said...

Your card is just wonderful!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT

Monika Reeck said...

The Flower are so adorable Karen
The butterfly too
the stamping butterfly looks so vintage love this
woderfully made Karen
Many thanks for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month.
Hugs
Monika

Lilian YF said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the elements and colors!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio