Thursday, 1 September 2016

House of Cards September ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, nearly the weekend again lol!  It’s the first of the month and that means a new challenge at House of Cards.  We have a choice for you this month and here it is …


 You can use a bird image or the colours

Now you all know that I am having a bird love fest right now, crumbs that sounds wrong, but you know I mean I’m having a bird phase, and I incorporated the colours too and here is my card …
 
A nice square card love the colours!
The papers from CWC and another snippet from my stash were meant to be!
I adore this image, so lovely but not twee or cute lol!
  

 
Lots of lovely old embellishments
A final look

Luckily for me I can also link up to the following Challenges
 Darnell’s #7 Never Before Used Stuff Challenge: the birds and resin flower are hoarded stash

Die Cutting Divas Challenge #281 Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge Foliage
Scrapy Land Challenge #48 Use a stamp or digital image: I used Spellbinder dies

I got to play with my Dina Wakley Scribbly bird stamp set again along with two of my AquaTints colour sets.  I also managed to use a fair bit of my old stash so I am happy about that lol! 
I think the leaf behind the bird was an impulse purchase from The Works and I think I purchased them last year.  I saw these lovely leaves and thought they would come in handy.  It was only after I got home and opened the pack that I realised they were, in some way, really plastic, grr!  I was determined not to bin them so I spent a little time altering them and I am happy with the end result.  I need to remember that there are times when I can alter or improve shop bought embellishments.  Hopefully that will encourage me to use more of my very old stash.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Dina Wakley stamp set: Scribbly Birds
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Spellbinders: scalloped square die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Tim Holtz distressing tool; paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Sheena Douglass stamping card & snippets of that too
Craftwork Cards DP #
Magazine patterned paper from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful; Landscape
Archival IP: black
Pebeo acrylic paints: white; green; yellow; red
Embellishments:
Bird embellishment #
Craftwork Cards: die cut flower #
Metal brads #
Ribbon from my stash
Resin flower from my stash
The Works: plastic leaf which I altered with acrylic paints
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old
  

10 comments:

Katarzyna Ewa said...

You add so many details Karen. Absolutely love your card and your colouring.

Katarina Ewa

Lin said...

Oh, this is darling, Karen! I love the script/scrolled background, all the patterns (and the leaf), and of course your sweet bird! Thanks fo sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

rachel said...

super work Karen - I love this bird phase you are having - its fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, like all the texture and embellishing! Donna HOC teammate

Karen Hasheck said...

I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

MHK Designs said...

What a tweet card, Karen! ;) I LOVE all your sweet birdies, the fabulous layers, and the amazing texture you've added! This is amazing, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your beautiful bird creation, Karen! I hope your bird phase lasts forever! I never grow tired of birds, whether in art like this or in real life! And great job altering that plastic leaf with your magic ginfers!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

foleysfriend said...

Love all the textures and details on your card; so much to look at and admire; great job

sue n.
HOC DT

Susan Renshaw said...

The bird is so beautifully coloured!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Shawna Standish said...

Here is your bird card from HOC!! I love it, love it, love it.. The texture, the color, everything about it is just fantastic!! Thank you for your talent on this team Karen.. You are so appreciated.