Wednesday, 7 September 2016

New Stamps and a Sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I love this time of year, autumn, and I especially love that some of the challenges out there ask us to play along using an autumn theme or the colours of autumn.  So today I have a card I created following a sketch and the theme of autumn colours and here it is …

 
An A6 card
All that lovely inky and watercolour goodness
A beautiful Lotus Peony stamp
 
A previously rejected snippet and my mini rainbow
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
  
Creative with Stamps Challenge #6

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge September Anything Goes with Die Cuts 
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Fall/Autumn Colours


The flower stamp is part of a new set that I recently won from the lovely Kim Costello of Paperbabe stamps.  I was looking at my box of NBUS stamps, my box of created by me backgrounds and checking out which challenges I wanted to play along with this week and month.  I found this beautifully rich strip of AquaTints coloured card and I immediately knew that I wanted to follow the sketch at Paperbabe Stamps Challenge whilst using the colours of fall for some other ongoing challenges.

Autumn, or Fall, is my favourite season, there is still warmth in the
 air during the day but it’s not boiling hot and the evenings tend to feel a little cooler and then the leaves start to turn a little.  Except in the UK!  It’s rather warm and very humid right now lol.  You can nearly always trust the British weather to do the opposite of what it should.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Oriental Zen stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
My Favourite Things Die-Namics: Hello There die set: thank you Miss Pixie!
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
300 gsm Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Sparkle: clear overlay pen
Versafine IP: Black
Embellishments:
Bakers Twine: thank you Ruza!
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; fun foam

11 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

So pretty 💕 Love your mini rainbow ! Hope you are doing ok lovely xxx

Michelle N. said...

So gorgeous! Love all those wonderful autumn colors you used, especially on the die cut. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Autumn challenge!

Mrs A. said...

This is really pretty. I love the colours of autumn that you have depicted. Hugs Mrs A.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Karen. You incorporated the inspiration photo colors perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with Creative With Stamps Challenge :-)

Arlene said...

I love the fall colors. Wonderful design too for this card. What a beauty.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous inking, Karen! I love your rainbow panel along with the flowers! Well done on the splatter, too! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Stamp It” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work! Happy to see you joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

lostinpaper said...

So so sweet, love way you have coloured your flowers!

Sandra said...

What a stunning card, the rainbow strip on the side is such a fabulous element. Very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Lilian YF said...

This is so pretty! Love the colorful strip on the side! And the flowers! =)
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Monika Reeck said...

That colorfull strip is caught my eyes
and it steal the whole card look
so adorable and love your flower card
you blend the colors so great
ADORABLE CARD miss lady
Many thanks for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month.
Hugs
Monika

Eunice Beckmann said...

Such a beautiful card - love the strip at the side :) Great layout!
Thanks for sharing at "Creative with Stamps"