Friday, 23 September 2016

Snippety Wings and Flowers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have awesome weekend plans.  I am still trying to shrink my snippets pile in between wedding invitations and I’m hoping this weekend I’ll get the final sign off so I can order the supplies and get to cutting and sticking!  So here is today’s snippety card …

A little C6 card
I had to show the side view separately because I captured the shimmer!!!
All the lovely details!
I had to show it again, lol, the shimmer is beautiful and from a clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen
 This is the butterflies face on.
I will try to remember what I did to capture the shimmer so I can do it again!
I am having a die thing right now!
And you can see the shimmer on the die cut flowers and leaves (Pebeo Dyna paint on leaves)
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Deep Ocean Challenge #138 Anything Goes
Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge #28 Birthday
Fashionable Stamping Challenge Use Autumnal Colours
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #173 My Favourite Things: 
 butterflies, stamps, & watercolours
Scrapy Land Challenge #50 Birthday: I used Crafters Companion dies
The Pencil Case Challenge #28 Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge September Any Image Any Project 


Lots of pearl card snippets, Kraft card snippets and Sheena Douglass card snippets were used to create this card.  I experimented on some Kraft card snippets using my Tim Holtz stencil and Pebeo Dyna paints – love those paints they have lovely shimmer.  I die cut the flowers from card that I had coloured with H2O paints.  The border, the die cut and stamped butterflies were snippets from playing with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints.  After I stamped the butterflies onto AquaTints I fussy cut them and attached them to the C6 card with Washi tape before stamping the body and antenna with black Versafine IP.  I removed the butterflies and then stamped the hearts and sentiment using a Distress IP.  I added the butterflies and attached their bodies to the card and then curled them with my fingers so that they aren’t completely flat.  I had a last snippet of rainbow card which I glued in position and added the ribbon at the top and bottom.  I then played around with the die cuts and once happy with the position I glued them in place simples yet fun to do.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Pieridae butterfly set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Douglass Signature Collection:  Butterfly Lullaby Flit & Flutter die set
Marianne Design Dies: LR027 Anja Leaves 2
Joy Crafts: 6002/0024 Daisy Flower die set; 6002/0025 Flowers die set
Stencil:
Tim Holtz THS004 Lines Stripes
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card snippets
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Sparkle: clear overlay
Pebeo Studio Acrylic 100ml Dyna: Violet Blue; Green Yellow
Versafine IP: black
Distress IP: Broken China
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Brads (old from my stash)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Washi tape; Collall all purpose glue

7 comments:

brenda said...

Another really super card Karen, so much lovely texture and elements of interest, many thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Nancy Boyd said...

So pretty!! Love all the detail! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

rachel said...

Lovely work karen and the shimmer is fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card with so beautiful butterflies! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

Mrs A. said...

My goodness Karen, this might only be small but you have packed such a lot of elements on this gorgeous card. I love, love the shimmer and the colours are fab. Hugs Mrs A.

Samra Leshinski said...

Thank you so much for joining Scrapy Land challenge with this beauty!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Lovely card, the colors are awesome! Love your beautiful butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!