Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Travel to Africa part two ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Well so much for being happy with my first play with the lion stamp!  Today’s card is smaller than planned and has only a little stamping and here it is …

An A6 card
Good for posting too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #173 My Favourite Things 
Stamps, watercolours and learning/trying different techniques
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB#86 Anything Goes
Make My Monday Challenge #31 No Patterned Paper
Spectrum Noir Challenge on Facebook Use Kraft 
Stamping Sensations Challenge September For the Boys


Grr, I should know better than to even say that in my head let alone share that thought with anyone.  So I grabbed another of this set of stamps to stamp the lion and then to mask the lion before stamping the rest of the scene.  All of that part went well.  What didn’t go well was my colouring of said lion and then the scene.  It all very nearly ended up being recycled.  I realised that I had got over excited and not followed the steps that I have learnt from the Colorista course.  So I moved this bad piece to one side so that I could restart.  The next day I stamped and coloured just the lion again and it worked beautifully (you will see him again on the 30th).  I was just about to bin this piece when I realised that I could use the top part of the scene so I trimmed it up and whilst searching for things to use with it I remembered these really very old peel offs!   
The peel offs are on my desk right now because I was going to try and slip them in the bin when the OH wasn’t watching but he knew that and he has challenged me to try to use them in my creations before just sending them to the great recycler in the sky.  I’m not happy about it because I’m stubborn and him daring me like that well let’s just say peel offs will occur every now and then on my blog and that is something I never thought I would ever say!

I grabbed a snippet of Kraft card and stuck them on and coloured them with my AquaTints.  Peel offs don’t rock my boat any more but they were perfect for this snippet and I just had to lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy: African Landscape stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:                    
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; trimmer

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card; Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Versafine IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; fun foam; double sided tape


7 comments:

rachel said...

great card Karen - really lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges too. Hugs rachel x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh wow, what an amazing card Karen, the colours are stunning and I love the whole concept - to think it all very nearly went into the bin. However, I did find myself wondering at what kind of tree could hold the weight of three adult elephants?

Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Autumn Challenge.

Dionne

brenda said...

A really rich and vibrant creation Karen and pleased the other lion was saved from the bin, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Monika Gulyas said...

Great colours and design, Karen! Thank you for joining the September challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Tone K. said...

So, so, SO cool! I love your design....your african ladies, your background-trees...soooo great! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

inkedx2 said...

Fun card! Those African ladies add lots of character! Thanks for joining us for this challenge at Make My Monday.

Robbie

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Stunning card! Love the African scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt