Monday, 26 September 2016

Travel to Africa ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  I’ve mentioned before that I have put craft stuff in a safe place and it has taken me ages to find them again, well that is the case with these stamps too.  I finally re-located these stamps over the weekend and I grabbed my MISTI, different card stocks, dies, stamps, AquaTints and got to play and here is my first attempt …

 
An A5 male birthday card
He is a handsome beastie
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Autumn/Autumn Celebrations
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #173 My Favourite Things:
Stamps, dies & watercolours
Inspired by the October 2015 board
Scrapy Land Challenge #50 Birthday
I used Crafters Companion and Whimsy Stamps brands of dies
Stamping Sensations Challenge September For the Boys


I hope you like him, he is glorious to stamp and to watercolour and it’ll only be a couple of days until you see him again.  I loved creating this card and unusually there are no but I made this mistake or but this didn’t come out so well.  A rare but nice thing for me to completely like my finished result with a new stamp and I am happy to take it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy: Roar stamp set
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 11clear leaf stamps
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter: happy die
Whimsy Stamps: Sentimentals Birthday die set
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 11 clear leaf stamps
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; trimmer

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card; Kraft card
Snippet pearl card from my stash
Patterned paper from my stash
Snippets white card that had been coloured were used for die cutting then stamping the leaves
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Stazon Solvent Midi IP: Ganache
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; fun foam; double sided tape

12 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Such a great masculine card-love your lion! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Fall challenge!

Craftychris said...

I love your majestic lion! And your fabulous card! Wonderful! xxx

brenda said...

A really warm Serengeti background for that super Lion Karen, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Arlene said...

Lovely card and wonderful background for that fab lion.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Brenda said...

What an awesome masculine card Karen! I am so loving that majestic lion, he is just gorgeous! Your fall leaves are so pretty too as is that beautiful skyline behind the lion. This make for a fabulous masculine birthday card!!! Hugs, Brenda

Lynne K said...

This is fabulous, Karen, and that lion is magnificent! Thanks for sharing him with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful birthday card, Karen! Handsom lion indeed! Love the colours and all the leaves. Thank you for entering our challenge once more this month at Rubber Dance ♥

ionabunny said...

Love the scene you created, Great lion. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Susanne Rose said...

Great card.Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance this month. xx Susanne.

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card! The lion looks great.
Thank you for joining our Challenge over at Country View Challenges!
xx Evelyn

Sue said...

This is really lovely Karen, the colours look beautiful, and the lion is a handsome chappy! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and hope to see you again this month. Sue xx

Sharon said...

A fabulous image and love all the gorgeous dies and embellishments.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Hugs Sharon. x