Thursday, 8 September 2016

You asked for more so here is more ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am so happy you asked me to play more with my Scribbly Birds stamps lol!  Seriously they are awesome to colour and as I won the Spectrum Noir random link in May I was able to purchase the last two AquaTints colour sets and my colour genie has come out to play and won’t be put back in her bottle any time soon.  Here is my card …


    
A nice A6 card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Inky Chicks Challenge Fairies &/ Wings 
#137 Texture-fied: the background paper has lots of texture from the Maimeri medium and the gems on one of the die cuts adds more texture. 
I used my Lawn Fawn ‘Dream’ sentiment
 Virginia’s View Challenge #23 Spray, Mist & Splatter


There were added bonuses to create this card the first being I got to  use the last of a sheet of background card I had created using the Dutch Doobadoo with Maimeri Glossy Gel.  The second bonus was that I cut all of the die cuts from snippets of Sheena Douglass stamping card so my snippets pile is a little smaller.  The third bonus is that I used the last of the bird embellishments that I have owned for many years (10+).  The fourth bonus is that you asked for more Scribbly Bird projects so I will be using this set for the rest of this month at least, lol, I have to admit I had assumed I had used them a lot more than I have but it turns out that I hadn’t created as many as I thought so more will be on the way soon.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamp set
Lawn Fawn Dream stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic Circles & Large Classic Scalloped Circles die sets
Stencil:
Dutch Doobadoo A5 Circles Mask
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; paint palette; pipettes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 & snippets Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful
Staz On Black IP
Embellishments:
The Works: gems
Bird die cut embellishment #
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works: white gesso
Maimeri Glossy Gel; double sided tape; fun foam


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 10 years old

8 comments:

Theresa Pace said...

fun card. i didn't recognise the bird as he was purple. but then you said he was a scribble bird... thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

brenda said...

Another really lovely creation Karen and a lush colour palette.

B x

Véronique said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

rachel said...

wonderful Karen - I love the colours! Brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Virginia Lu said...

Darling design, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Samantha Mann said...

such beautiful coloring! and adorable little birds!! the purple really pops!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Roxanne O'Brien said...

I'm enjoying all the vibrant colors in this piece! There is a lot of texture so that's perfect for the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

Eileen said...

You have used one of my favourite colour schemes here and your birds look great in purple. Thanks for joining in with our 'Let's fly Away' challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday, and hope to see you again.
Eileen x