Saturday, 1 October 2016

House of Cards October ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well.  It’s the first of the month and that means a new challenge at House of Cards and you can create a gate fold card or you can use these colours or both …


You can see I have used both the colours and created a gate fold card and here it is …

Isn't he a beautiful bird?!
    
Apologies - I could not get a decent side view of the card
He is a real stunner - makes my card looks awesome!
A final look


Yes I am still creating and playing with my bird stamps, love them so much, and I used a new stencil that I was able to purchase from The Craft Barn, it’s an Imagination Crafts stencil and today is its first outing.  This was also my first attempt at the ombre technique and I am reasonably happy with the end result.  I have learnt a little from doing it and hope to try this again.  I used my Spectrum Noir AquaTints, Spectrum Noir Sparkle and two different dies.  I didn’t want this card to be too sparkly because it’s going into the male birthday cards box. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Sketchy King for a Day stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Die’sire Christmas Classiques: Ivy die set
Memory Box: Branch die
Stencil:
Imagination Crafts Bay Leaf stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; paint palette; pipettes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: Clear Overlay
White Acrylic paint (to brighten the eye)
Embellishments:
Sequins
Craftwork Cards Candi from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape; Stix 2 5mm square foam pads; double sided tape; fun foam
  

6 comments:

rachel said...

This is absolutely stunning Karen - really very beautiful! Love it! Hugs rachel x

Jane Knudsen said...

Absolutely beautiful! There is a lot of detail paired with a great design! jane hoc teamie

MHK Designs said...

This is SO pretty, Karen! I adore that bird image--and your coloring is fabulous! This scene is totally amazing!!! STUNNING creation, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Team Clark said...

Love this fold, the pretty colors and awesome image! Hugs, Autumn

SARN said...

That's a gorgeous card xxx

Michele K. Henderson said...

I LOVE this adorable bird, Karen! The colors are so rich and he looks so cute!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie