Monday, 17 October 2016

Mama Elephant critter ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well. The colouring practice is a non stop thing right now lol, hope I am not boring you!  I also managed to use up a pile of snippets too and here is my card …

An A6 card
Not too bad for posting and still ok for a man
All the details
He is a cutie
  
Loads of snippets
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creative Fingers Challenge #118 Anything Goes 
 Creative with Stamps Challenge #7 Use a Sentiment


Use Red, Orange, Yellow &/ Brown
The Pencil Case Challenge #30 Anything Goes


As you all know I have been trying to improve my colouring skills and set myself the task of colouring this stamp set so that the critters looked like they had fur or hair and so that the balloons were lighter on one side than the other.  I am happy with the texture on the critter but I need to practice my balloon colouring and I will be stamping more critters to keep on practicing and, hopefully, improving lol!  I will never make it onto any colouring DT’s but that’s not what’s motivating me.  I want my stamped critters to look like critters with the texture you get when you have feathers/fur/hair.  I’ve decided to start and practice on another stamp set next because I have many options lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools

Stamp:
Mama Elephant: Up & Away stamp set
Mask/Stencil:
Great Impressions Cloud Stencil kit
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic & Large Scalloped Oval die sets
Crafters Companion Die’sire Christmas Classiques: Ivy set
Marianne Design Dies: Chinese Rolled Rose leaf die
Whimsy Stamps happy birthday die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; Tim Holtz distressing tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card & snippets Kraft card
Background papers from my stash
Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful set
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Nature
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

11 comments:

Helen F. said...

What a darling image! Love the pretty Fall leaves too.
Thanks for playing along with us at Creative With Stamps this month :-)

brewing memoirs said...

lovely Card, Found you at CWS... Love it :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

I especially love the way you used the lovely leaves Karen
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Pamellia Johnson said...

Hi Karen. Just stopped in to say thank you for the warm welcome back comment. I hope you had a wonderful month! Beautiful card, love all the foliage in the corner! It's great to be back, see you again soon. hugs :)

Team Clark said...

This is just darling! What a precious card. Hugs, Autumn

Bev said...

such a cute image & beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Pencil Case.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this fun card and especially the splash of leaves along the side of the image!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Monika Reeck said...

Always love this cute Image
and the leaves is a great touch on your card
nice color combo too
and nice sentiment Karen

Many thanks to joininig with us at Creative with Stamps this month,
hugs.
Monika

Eunice Beckmann said...

Cute birthday card :) Love the image and like your coloring!
Thanks for sharing your card with our challenge at "Creative with Stamps" :)

Jane Savage said...

I love your design and great colouring too!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a cute birthday card...Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - anything goes with dies challenge.