Friday, 28 October 2016

More Toadstools ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, nearly the weekend again.  Well I bet you didn’t expect to see this did you lol!  So here it is …
150mm square card
Although there are lots of layers it's not too deep
All the details
 
I never eat mushrooms, I have an issue with the texture lol!  Die cuts and embellishments

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Anything But Cute Challenge #19 An Autumn Day
Stamps & Stencils Challenge Elements of Nature
We Love to Create Challenge #22 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


I grabbed one of the stamps from one of my Indigo Blu stamp sets to play with over the weekend.  I created a very quick landscape with the sun having gone done but it’s not quite evening yet on my scene, using my AquaTints.  I am definitely having a fling with Kraft card too: I’ve not stopped using it since it was the theme at Spectrum Noir Challenge.  Thankfully it works perfectly with bright colours as well as the colours of fall/autumn.  Once the scene was dry I stamped the toadstools in place and coloured them then I stamped them onto a white card snippet again because I chose to decoupage them.  I decided that I wanted to go, what my husband calls, the twee look, lol, red toadstools with bright white spots!  So I coloured the stalks with the AquaTints and then I coloured the caps with red acrylic paint and I added white gesso dots with the tip of several paintbrushes.

I had the correct coloured snippets so I die cut the Sara Davies Butterfly die, the Die’sire Ivy die, the Tattered Floral dies and the Marianne leaves from those pieces.  I wanted the purple flowers to shimmer so I used my Perfect Pearls to create a pretty shimmering paint which I applied onto the flower die cuts.  I used a snippet of patterned paper from my stash as well as a Kraft snippet for matting and layering.  I grabbed my foiled Craftwork Cards Candi pieces which I added to the ivy. 

I got to add shimmer with my Perfect Pearl paint and sparkle with the foiled Candi pieces!  I am still having a love fest for and with my Distressing Tool too!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Indigo Blu Nature II stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby Collection: Flit & Flutter die set
Sizzix & Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Bigz die
Marianne Design Creatable LR0163 Chinese Rose die set (leaves)
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 Sheena Stamping Card; A4 Kraft; snippets of both
Patterned paper from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IP: Vintage Photo
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Pebeo Acrylic Matt: red
Embellishments:
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works white gesso; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; Stix 2 foam squares



16 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I thought that was candi on your ivy. It looks great. I love your muchrooms. They are in abundance in the garden at the moment. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

Lovely card Karen, lots of super texture and dimension and magical toadstools, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Shirley said...

A gorgeous Autumnal card. Lots of depth with all the lovely embellishments.
Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

Shirley

Teresa Kline said...

hi karen! super cute card, fun details and scene! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Vintagehandmade said...

Such a lovely autumnal card! I love your mushrooms! Thank you for joining in our 'An Autumn Day' challenge at Anything But Cute and for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT

Dana Tatar said...

I absolutely love this card! The toadstools and the paper pieces are so fun. You really achieved a fantastic whimsical look. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

This card is amazing, love the toadstools. The scenery you've created looks like a fairytale. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Beth Brovold said...

So very eye catching Karen...beautifully designed and embellished!! This is such a unique and beautiful card...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Shades of Autumn"!
Take care,
Beth

Jo Rice said...

A fabulous dimensional , card for Autumn. I adore your use of colour and embellishes . Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog...Jo. X

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous details.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Autumn' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Sara Barker said...

What a wonderful Autumnal card, Karen! I love your mushrooms and that flower cluster! Beautiful background, too! Thank you for sharing it with us at Anything But Cute for our "An Autumn Day" challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Team Clark said...

I love those fabulous mushrooms and your gorgeous layering! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils and Anything But Cute. Hugs, Autumn

Jay said...

Wow this is a lovely piece of work, so whimsical!!!! Lovely design, layout, I love the whole thing its just perfect!!!
Thank you for sharing your awesome work with us at Fussy and Fancy!
Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

Ruth said...

The mushrooms or toadstools are fabulous, such a pretty autumnal creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

toni said...

Lots of fab texture on on this lovely card! Love the pop of red with those cute toadstools! Thankyou for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils . Toni x

Sara Barker said...

Congratulations on your Top Pick at We Love 2 Create! Yippee! hugs!