Sunday, 23 October 2016

New stamps and inspired by a photograph ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  The time is shooting past and as I have a busy week next week I wanted to get my blog posts ready to go.  My lovely OH bought me this set of stamps when I asked if I could purchase something to look forward to and because I needed the distraction he told me to order them.  I am so happy I did as they are so beautiful and I am going to get a lot of use of these for our family.  So here is my first card …

  
An A6 card and not too deep for posting
I am in love with these stamps: thank you Kim for getting them to me so quickly!

 Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #386 Sparkle & Shine
  Creative with Stamps Challenge #7 Use a Sentiment
 Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #44 Inspiration Photograph
That’s Crafty Challenge Clean and Simple
The Ribbon Girl Challenge October Any Image Challenge 


For some peculiar reason I worked back to front with this card, lol!  I stamped the fox, which is two stamps, the sentiment and I the hearts from this stamp set too in position using Distress ink pads.  I used Wild Honey and Vintage Photo for the fox and Wild Honey alone for the sentiment and the hearts.  Once that was done I used my heat tool to make sure it was dry.  I attached the stencil with Washi and gently worked around the sentiment and the hearts to add the stencilling.  Whilst the stencil was still in place I added Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to add a light coat of shimmer to the Distress ink and I added a layer on the fox too.

When I saw the challenge over at Paperbabe stamps I had to scratch my head a bit as I knew I didn’t have a stamp or stencil like the inspiration photograph.  I hunted through my stencil box and the one that matched the closest was one of the beautiful stencils the lovely Carol gifted me.  I used that with Wild Honey Distress ink with my mini blending tool and foam.  I wanted a bit of texture so my finishing touch was to wrap Bakers Twine and a heart embellishment.  Done! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe stamps: Whimsical Woodland stamp set 1 (fox)
Stencil:
Tyre tread stencil from Carol: no idea of brand
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Ranger ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippet white textured card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pads: Wild Honey; Vintage Photo
Embellishments:
Twine
Heart
Adhesives/Mediums:
Washi tape; double sided tape; fun foam cut into strips


15 comments:

Katie Lamb said...

Gorgeous cards and love the fox stamp

Coralynn Murray said...

Love the fall colours and that fox is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Helen F. said...

Oh my, Karen. Your card is so sweet! Love the fox image and the beautiful sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative with stamps this month

Rema said...

This is so adorable! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

SARN said...

Terrific foxy card Karen. Love the card as a whole.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Nice card for our current challenge of 'SPARKLE AND SHINE', such a cute image too...it is a shame I can't see the sparkles either....Thanks for joining in.
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

brenda said...

Such a pretty card and love the Fox image Karen, many thanks for joining our 'Sparkle and Shine' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Eunice Beckmann said...

The fox is sooooo cute - love it so much ;) Thanks for sharing your card at our challenge at "Creative with Stamps"!

Megan J said...

Hi Karen, a lovely card for your collection, foxes are very popular just now, have a lovely week... Megan

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tracy Freeman said...

Just gorgeous !!! I LOVE this style and you have nailed every last bit of this card !
Sending hugs my lovely xxxxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Such a fun and creative design for guys and gorgeous use of those autumn colours. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah x

Craftnut said...

Thank you for entering our sparkle and shine challenge at Allsorts Tracy x

Monika Reeck said...

Your fox is adorable
and the sentiment so sweet too
Love the autumn colors on your card
So beautiful and elegant also CAS design
love this much
many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps this month
Hugs
Monika

Ribbon Girl said...

lovely sentiment Karen, Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girls Use any Image Challenge, best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk