Monday, 10 October 2016

New stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and you have an awesome week.  I am back to crafting a little and blogging a smaller amount lol!  A couple of months ago whilst I was browsing and shopping at one of the online shops that I like to go frequent I found several sets of Indigo Blu stamps on very special offer so I had a little word with my lovely OH and as they were such a good deal he told me to purchase them: a very nice man he is and I know I am very lucky in that regard and two of those sets I have used today. 
This weekend I played with some of my new stamps and I realised I am getting slower at this stamping and colouring malarkey lol!  So here is today’s creation …

A nice A4 card because there was a lot I wanted to include
I will be giving this to the recipient
All the details
I added a layer of snippety autumn leaves
You can see where I've added pale colour and then used pencil to add texture
We actually needed some birthday cards
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #384 Colours of Autumn
Craft Stamper Challenge October Take It Make It Autumnal Creations:
earth tone colours or red, orange, yellow, brown and green


Squirrel is collecting his food before hibernation
Scrapy Land Challenge #51 Anything Goes:
Crafters Companion & Whimsy Stamps dies 
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Explore the World
I am exploring the countryside in the UK
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge I was inspired by the autumn colours


Before sharing how I created this card I want to thank everyone for the lovely comments you left here or on my Facebook account about our lovely pup Eddy.  I haven’t got through a day without crying but I’ve stopped shaking and feeling sick from the shock which is good.  I couldn’t manage anything much for a week or so but I was in the mood to stamp and create over the weekend and afterwards I realised I had really missed the distraction it provides.  So I stamped and coloured a little and I was able to quieten my brain and the upset a little which was lovely.

I talked about getting slower at stamping and colouring and that is true.  I worked at getting the colour and the texture right because I didn’t want him to look flat or dull.  The first couple of times I stamped and coloured him he was flat and dull and that was because I hadn’t used the steps I learnt.  He had no texture, just brown and red and that wasn’t what I wanted.  I’m very glad I persevered because I’m happy with the end result: he has gorgeous copper fur and a beautiful fluffy tail as well as depth from the added detail to his haunch.  It is still slow going because I am still practicing the skills I learnt from the Crafters Companion Colorista colouring course but I am hoping that eventually it will become normal and I will colour without any mistakes eventually lol!
         
I stamped the squirrel onto a die cut circle using a permanent ink pad before colouring the scene with my AquaTints.  Then I used an image from the other nature stamps set to add detail and depth to the scene.  The final step was to colour the squirrel and his fur.  It was at this point I decided to stamp and colour the squirrel again so that I could decoupage him.  The leaves were die cut from snippets that had started out as background papers or were left over snippets from other AquaTints projects.


This card was a little time consuming but unusually I am happy with the end result and there are no errors that I can find lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Indigo Blu: Nature I & II stamp sets
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic Circle & Large Scalloped Circle die sets
Whimsy Stamps: Sentimentals Birthday die set
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 11 Autumn
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; Tim Holtz distressing tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Stamping card
Plain paper & various snippets from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine: onyx black IP
Distress IP: Peeled Paint
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful; Landscape
Colorista Pencils: Set 1
Embellishments:
Lace from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pinflair Glue Gel; double sided tape; fun foam

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge, COLOURS OF AUTUMN, lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]


brenda said...

The squirrel is adorable Karen and so beautifully set among the Autumnal leaves. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, a beautiful card ❤️ Let me tell you I still make mistakes colouring alllllll the time, I also take forever to create a card....at least a day. As long as you are enjoying it that's the main thing.
Sending lots of love and hugs xxxx

rachel said...

such a wonderful card Karen and so glad you managed to get these stamps at a bargain price. That squirrell looks wonderful. Thanks for joining in the IndigoBlu challenge too. Big Hugs rachel x

Caryn said...

This is so adorable - I love all the dimension.
Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Now that is one cute squirrel, perfectly framed in that beautiful wreath! Thanks, Karen for playing along with us at HLS!

Sue Ralph said...

Hello Karen what a wonderful card with so many lovely touches. I especially love the wreath of leaves. Thank you so much for entering the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge. Good Luck, Sue xx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our autumn theme at allsorts this week Tracy x

Amy Seigler said...

Wonderful card! Love all the elements you used in making it. Love the wreath and squirrel! Thanks for playing with us at HLS

Nikki Killinger said...

Love your colouring, a great entry. Thank you for joining us at IndigoBlu this month, good luck. xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is fantastic! Love those pretty embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)