Monday, 24 October 2016

No stamping, eek! ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  I decided to play a little outside of my comfort zone to create this card by not using any stamps and here it is …

A 150mm square card
Good for posting
I am very happy with this panel
Such pretty die cuts and some more brads used too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #386 Sparkle & Shine 
Card Mania Challenge CMC#85 Let it Shine 
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #175 Shades of Autumn 
Unstampabelles Challenge A Different Edge & Outside your Comfort Zone:
There’s no stamping and that is so out of my comfort zone! 


I was recently able to acquire this Imagination Crafts stencil because of a challenge win and I was really chuffed to find it as it is one that I have wanted for a little while.  I decided to create a background before using it so I took my AquaTints out and coloured an approximately 140mm square card by applying the ATs to my wet card.  Once the card was dry I used my fingers to add little and large splatters of water to the card which I mopped up with a piece of kitchen towel.  I then heat set the background before applying the stencil with Washi tape.  I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to outline each bud, flower and the stem.  I scribbled the Aqua pens onto a piece of acetate and added a little water so that I could watercolour the rest of the details on the stencil.  I left that to dry before going back in with a sparkle pen to add some shimmer.

I matted the piece onto some patterned paper from my stash.  I used my Martha Stewart border punch to add a different edge on my card.  I used three layers of die cut flowers and attached them together using brads, so I managed to use up a little more of my old stash lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x

                                                                                           









Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sizzix Tim Holtz Bigz Die: Tattered Floral
Stencil:
Imagination Crafts stencil:
Miscellaneous Tools:
Martha Stewart border punch; paintbrushes; paint palette; spray water bottle; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4: Sheena Douglass Stamping card; Kraft card
150mm square Prima paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua: Nature pen set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary; Beautifully Grunge
Spectrum Sparkle: Clear Overlay pen
Embellishments:
Brads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Wow Karen your background is so colourful and full of life and not a stamp in sight. I love it. Hugs Mrs A.

Susan Hogan said...

Wow, what an amazing background - lovely! Great flowers too and it all looks amazing! Thanks for playing along wit us at Unstampabelles.

Sarah said...

You did a great job with this card especially as it was out of your comfort zone. I'm loving all that colors that you used, very striking!

Dess V said...

Great card! Beautiful gradient clors and flowers!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Card mania challenge!
Dess ^.^

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautifully colourful creation Karen. I love the stencil and your inky background.
Lorraine

Wynn Walton said...

What a fabulous creation. I loved reading all the details in your post about your craft journey. Lovely edge too. This is a perfect entry for our challenge at Unstampabelles. Thank you for sharing it with us. Wynn DT

Tracy Freeman said...

You know what lovely this is fab ! I love all the colours. Sometimes it does us good to go outside our comfort zone doesn't it.
Sending tons of hugs xxxxx

Mervi said...

Beautiful creation.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts Sparkle and Shine week;-))m

Team Clark said...

This looks great! Beautiful combo! Hugs, Autumn

Darlene said...

You did a great job Karen! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Please come back again soon!

Darlene
Fussy and Fancy Girl
FUSSY AND FANCY
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

frommycraftroom said...

A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with Card Mania!

Shylaa Shree said...

beautiful stenciling karen, loved the colour combo too.Good luck & thanks for joining us at unstampabelles