Thursday, 13 October 2016

Orange Blossom ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one.  I am trying to use my experiments with autumn colours using a flower stamp and butterfly stamps as well as the never ending pile of snippets lol!  There are quite a few of them so I decided to use this flower and butterfly stamped one to create an A6 card and here it is …


  
An A6 card and will have to send 2nd class
Lots of yummy details
These pens make stamping and watercolouring fast
Die cuts and the sentiment


Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #384 Colours of Autumn
Cards Und More Challenge #169 Watercolour
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #43 Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #51 Anything Goes: Crafters Companion dies
That’s Crafty Challenge All of a Sparkle: a little or a lot


I inked up the Stamp Addicts flower stamp (thank you Brenda) with various shades of Spectrum Aqua pens, one orange and two greens, before stamping onto a watercolour snippet.  I left it for a little while before using a damp paintbrush to draw the colour inwards which filled the flowers.  I then inked the small butterflies’ bodies with a pale blue Spectrum Aqua pen and added the details with a darker blue pen.  I inked up and stamped three of the smallest solid butterflies with the same pale blue Aqua pen and I stamped the sentiment from this set too with the same orange Aqua pen I had used on the flowers.  I used my Spectrum Sparkle pen (clear) to blend the colours and give the butterflies some shimmer.  Multiple snippets were die cut for the butterflies, leaves and rolled flowers and a larger snippet DP was used to cover the card front.  Some processes but very quick ones and I have an autumn themed card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Pieridae stamp set
Stamp Addicts Sweet Pea stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby Signature Collection: Flit & Flutter die set
Marianne Design: LR027 Anja Leaves 2
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water colour pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
A6 300 gsm card
Snippets Crafters Companion Kraft card and Watercolour paper
Snippets coloured rejects or backgrounds for die cutting
Snippets designer papers from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Aqua pens: Nature set (I think)
Spectrum Sparkle Clear Overlay
Versamark IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

7 comments:

brenda said...

You have achieved a lovely watercolour effect with the sweet pea stamp (pleased it's useful - use mine lots as well) and the Autumnal colours work really well and are perfect for our themes, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful card Karen and such lovely water colouring too! Love the colours you used as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab watercolouring effect Karen - beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

SARN said...

I am loving the orange and blue together. Great watercolouring xxx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! What a beautiful image!! The colors are fabulous!! The flowers are a gorgeous touch!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dora said...

Beautiful!!
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

scrapgrit said...

a nice card and thanks for participation on the challenge of cards and more. Margrit