Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Pretty Butterflies ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, half way through the week already!  I am trying to make sure I have some special cards already in my stash so that I don’t panic when I realise it is one of our family members birthday and here is the first one for our box …

A nice large 20cm square card to share with today
I will have to carefully wrap this before posting it
All the yummy details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge CMC#85 Let it Shine 
Cards Und More Challenge #169 Watercolour
Craft Stamper Challenge October Take It Make It Autumnal Creations:
earth tone colours or red, orange, yellow, brown and green
it’s about as loaded as possible lol!
I was inspired by the shades of peach and pink and just added a little more colour to make my card look natural


I really enjoyed creating this card and I remembered my colouring step by steps before colouring this one.  I also managed to use multiple mediums too, lol!  Lots of die cuts, an air dry clay bird, an air dry clay branch, some air dry clay flowers and loads of die cuts too.  I used inks, watercolours and acrylic paints too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
W Plus 9 stamp set: Flora & Fauna 2
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire flower die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Martha Stewart silicone mould; Makins Clay plastic flower mould; Tonic Studio mini butterfly punch; heat tool; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
Red pearl card
Craftwork Cards patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent: Blue Black; Violet Blue; Orange Yellow
Black EP
Embellishments:
Brads from my stash
Flower Soft from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Air dry clay; black gesso; Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; fun foam


12 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

I can see why you would love that stamp set! It's truly gorgeous and you've done a great job of pairing those butterflies with those big ol' blooms! Lovely card!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the color combination you used Karen and those butterflies are so fabulous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Pawsitively Creative said...

Wonderful mixed media card design with so many wonderful layers. The coloring to the flowers to the clay molds are fantabulous. Such a cool 3D effect with the butterflies and the flowers. And huge congrats to you for planning ahead! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

brenda said...

Just lovely, as your creations always are Karen and of course and of course I love all the Butterflies and dimension. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Esther said...

What a beautiful card. I love the combination of different media to create such a gorgeous dimensional effect, and the colours are so pretty! Some lucky recipient is going to be absolutely thrilled to get this! Thanks for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)

Sally H said...

A beautiful card for our challenge, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card .... those butterflies are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

scrapfantazje said...

You're right, pretty butterflies and pretty card:)
Thank you for joining us at shiny Card Mania Challenge
Marzena DT

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Beautiful! Those butterflies look like they are coming out from the card! Thank you for playing along with Card Mania!

Ileana A. said...

Beautiful creation! Wonderful colours combination! I love 3D effect!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Eulanda said...

WOW!! Such pretty flowers and butterflies!! Thanks so much for joining our CAS or Fussy or Fancy challenge. Hope to see you back! Hugs!

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful diecuts!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!