Friday, 21 October 2016

Sunset Daisies ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am trying to use my stamped and coloured flower panels that I’ve just created so that some of them are used before I start getting stuck into winter and Christmas creations and today’s card was created from a flower panel and multiple snippets too and here it is …

  
An A6 card, not too deep
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Challenge October Take It Make It Autumnal Creations
 Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenge #323 Fabulous Flowers  
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #175 Shades of Autumn 
 Seven Hills Challenge October Colours: 
I went with deep rich purples and I used a die from your store
The Pencil Case Challenge #30 Anything Goes


The main panel was one of my experiments, as per usual, lol!  I decided to create a dark sunset sky look, the sort we get in autumn as it starts to get darker earlier in the UK.  I used the Beautifully Grunge purple AquaTints and darkened it with a touch of black from the Essentials set.  Once dry I stamped the daisies, using masks, across the piece of card.  I then used Pebeo Matt to seal the flowers because I wanted to colour the daisies and the stems and adding colour over the top would mean that I ended up with lavender coloured daisies and very dark stems.  Once it was dry I coloured the daisies with the white (Essentials ATs), the leaves green (Grunge ATs) and yellow (Primary ATs).

As usual I had small snippets of white card from other projects which I die cut and then coloured with the purple AquaTints.  I also managed to use some patterned paper and a snippet black card which I die cut the butterfly from and then added a layer of Pebeo Dyna interference, I love this paint too much.  I played around with layout and some matting and layering and once everything was in position I glittered the hello die cut and added three sequins: simples lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy:
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
My Favourite Things Die-Namics: Hello There die set
Crafters Companion Die’sire Christmas Classiques: Ivy
Joy Crafts: 6002/0024 Daisy Flower die set; 6002/0025 Flowers die set
Marianne Designs Creatables Dies: LR0161 Chinese Rose (the leaves)
Magazine freebie: butterfly die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Sheena Douglass Stamping Card: snippets for the flower panel and coloured die cuts
Black card snippet & patterned paper snippets from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Primary
Versafine IP: black
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint: violet blue
Purple Stickles
Embellishments:
Brads and sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo Matt Gel; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


7 comments:

Esther said...

Another gorgeous mixed media creation from you, Karen! Wow! The intensity of the purples is quite stunning, and the layered elements look fantastic, so eye catching and adding real depth. I love your approach - fab card! Thanks for sharing with us again at Seven Hills Crafts :)

Pat said...

Beautiful card, great design, lovely flowers, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

rachel said...

this is super cool - love it to bits Karen - very clever use of snippets! Hugs rachel x

Darnell J Knauss said...

You make my eyeballs so happy, Karen! They can't get enough of the stunning details and beautiful colors of your design! WOWZA!! Hugs, Darnell

Chris said...

So pretty! Love the colours and your beautiful die cut flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
Chris
x

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card! Great color and I really like your image :) A lot of nice die-cut you have used too :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

SARN said...

Love the look of this card Karen. All the elements to it are lovely. Must get some of those Pebeo Dyna paints!

Hugs, Sarn xxx