Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Travel Softly ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am back with another set of the new Indigo Blu stamps.  I really enjoyed playing with these new stamps and here is my card …

A 150mm square card
Good to post
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Deep Ocean Challenge #139: Autumn!
I love the weather, because it’s not hold or cold, and the colours are divine
Scrapy Land Challenge #51 Anything Goes:
Crafters Companion & Whimsy Stamps dies
I am exploring the countryside in the UK
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge I was inspired by the autumn colours
Spectrum Noir Challenge on Facebook Halloween Colours or Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations Challenge October Autumn
That’s Crafty Challenge All of a Sparkle: a little or a lot
I wish you could see the shimmer on the leaves


I used black Versafine to stamp the hot air balloon in place and then I used my AquaTints to paint a very simple landscape around the balloon.  Once that was dry I inked up the trees using my Spectrum Aqua pens and stamped them across the scene then finally I coloured the hot air balloon with my AquaTints.

My next step was to grab some AquaTints coloured snippets to die cut the rest of the pieces that I used on my card.  I deliberately haven’t add loads of gorgeous goodies to this card because I am in the middle of a self imposed ‘male themed/suitable’ cards challenge because we don’t have many and my mum doesn’t have many male cards either so I will be sharing more male suitable cards now and again on my blog.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Indigo Blu: Grand Tour III stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Classiques Ivy die set
Whimsy Stamps: Sentimental Birthday die set
Marianne Design Creatables dies: LR0161 Chinese Rose (the leaves)
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping card; A4 Kraft card
Snippet patterned paper from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature set

Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay pen
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; fun foam; double sided tape



7 comments:

Lin said...

Love this old-fashioned balloon, Karen! A fun use of Halloween colors, thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lori Kobular said...

Stunning card! I love the balloon and the pretty leaves in the corner! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty! You created a wonderful fall scene! Thanks, Karen for playing along with us at HLS!

Amy Seigler said...

Love the leaves in the corner! Beautiful balloon! Thanks for playing with us at HLS!

Viv's Visuals said...

Awesome balloon stamp and a lovely scene. Thanks for linking up at Stamping Sensations.

Dora said...

Beautiful card and balloon stamp. make a beautiful scene.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

cheiron said...

SO pretty! I especially love the cluster of leaves in the corner. Thank you so much for playing along with the Explore the World Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)