Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Whimsical woodland ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am back with another card I created from the mini Paperbabe Stamps sets.  It’s funny when I was talking to my OH the over day I was saying to him that I love the fact that I like to do CAS, cute, shabby and my in between own style too and that’s what this card is all about.  First play with these very cute stamps …

A 150mm square card and I'm still into the Kraft!
Good for posting
All the ink and paint details
  
So very cute fun to play with and I'm dreaming of chocolate!
I managed to photograph some of the sparkle
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge CMC#85 Let it Shine 
Craft Stamper Challenge October Take It Make It Autumnal Creations:
earth tone colours or red, orange, yellow, brown and green
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #175 Shades of Autumn 


You will be seeing more of these stamps because I love them.  They are going to be perfect for my brother’s lovely partner and for my beautiful sweet niece: they are going to visit next weekend and I can’t wait: our sweet young one has grown so much since we last saw her.  This card was an experiment about how they work with my Spectrum Aqua pens.  I started out creating a blue sky and pale green grass onto white card with AquaTints.  Once that was dry I started inking up the stamps with the Aqua pens, I can’t imagine crafting without them now lol!  This weekend I found and learnt a couple of new tricks with the Aqua pens because of my sweet friend Tracy and now I am desperate to play with these stamps again, lol, I will have to wait though as I’ve a trip to the hospital for a scan and my family visiting next weekend.  That means the lounge needs dusting and my craft room, which is next to it, desperately needs tidying lol!  Mind you I’ve still not found everything since the family helpfully re-organised it for me, grr, they won’t do that again!

The stencilled piece was me playing with the stencil Carol gifted me and the Aqua pens.  This time I drew through the stencil with the Aqua pens and then sprayed with water.  All the detail was lost so once dry I went back in with the pen but didn’t add water a second time.  So I used multiple snippets, Spectrum Noir AquaTints, Spectrum Aqua and a little Spectrum Sparkle.  I’ve noticed I’m using my sparkle pen a lot so I need to put it away and use my old Sakura pens instead lol!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Whimsical Woodland Sets 2 (owl) and 3 (bunny)
Stencil:
Tyre tread stencil from Carol: no idea what brand or how old it is
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card & Sheena stamping card snippets
Pearl paper snippet
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear overlay
Embellishments:
Bakers Twine; heart
Adhesives/Mediums:
Washi tape; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam



6 comments:

Carol said...

What a fabulous whimsical card Karen, those stamps look great. I've had a scoot down your last few makes...all lovely and you've been a busy bee. Hope all goes well with your appointment and enjoy your visitors. Carol x

linda said...

such a sweet little scene you've created with some adorable characters! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
linda

brenda said...

A super Autumn inspired creation and perfect for our theme this month, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

It is adorable Karen I really do love it. Such sweet little critters.
Sending hugs my lovely xxxx

Macarena said...

This is a very cute scene! I love the animals and the soft colors. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs XXX

Jo Rice said...

How cute are those stamps .? I love how you have you have used them and created a lovely autumn scene. Fabulous card Karen . Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog...Jo. X