Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Another Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was great and your week has started well. I have a few projects on the go that I can’t share right now so I thought I could publish another Christmas card and here it is …

An A5 Christmas card
Not too deep so we'll be able to post this one
Lots of lovely details
That gorgeous branch stamp!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
 Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #143 Santa is Coming to Town
Double D Challenge use red, green and white, optional gold
Fantasy Stampers Challenge #76 vintage Christmas
Time Out Challenge #71 Christmas; optional twist Glitter/Shimmer


When I start to create for my House of Cards position there are options of colours and/or a theme. December is the end of the fifth term at House of Cards and there will be a blog hop with prizes. I love our blog hops because it means I get to play with new stash lol! I was able to purchase three gorgeous stamps from Great Impressions stamps and you will see how I used them for our challenge in a couple of days.

This year I started to use new stamps differently to how I have in the past. When I purchase or win new or new to me stamps I ‘play with them’. I try different ink colours, different colouring mediums, try watercolouring, I try different styles and different looks and it’s made it much more fun because it’s stopped me being obsessed with a stamp and with getting the look perfect. Just play works for me and I’ve been able to try mixed media/shabby style. I love shabby so today I used my play pieces of stamped and coloured card to create a shabby mixed media Christmas card which I actually like!

I stamped the berry twig with Versafine and then coloured the berries with a red Aqua pen. I created a light red watercolour wash with my Primary AquaTints and used that to colour the background. I used the pale red AquaTints to colour an A5 piece of card and then I inked the elegant branch with my Aqua pen and stamped it across the card, I used a Brilliance gold Dew Drop ink pad on the edges. I created a puddle of watercolour using the green I used on the elegant branch stamp and dipped the die cut circle into it to colour it. Once that was dry I stamped the sentiment and added splatters of red to the background card and the berry sprig panel, simples lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Great Impressions stamps: 8161 Merry; 8162 Elegant Branch; 9802 Berry Sprig
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Marianne Creatables: LR0142 Double Poinsettia die set
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey:
Ornate Circle Frame die; Half doily die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottle

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; 20cm square card
Snippets: kraft card for die cutting & matting; white card for die cutting & stamping; Papermania Christmas paper for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Primary (used to colour the berry sprig); Essentials (used to colour the sentiment and branch before stamping)
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear overlay pen
Versafine IP: Black
Brilliance Dew Drop IP: gold
Stickles Glitter Glue: Platinum
Embellishments:
Ribbon Girl: wooden heart
The Works: gems
Stickers & tickets from my stash
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam



6 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design.Wonderful texture and dimension. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations in future challenges.
Kathy DD DT

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful creation Karen! Love all the little poinsettias ... just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Traditional Christmas Colors’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Cazro said...

Your creation is very pretty, so different for Christmas time. A lot of detailed interest. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz DT

Amelia Breytenbach said...

I love your attention to detail, beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenge)

Nonni said...

So many pretty details and I love your color palette too.Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!