Sunday, 13 November 2016

Butterflies and quick silver ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I got some time to play last night and oh my goodness I have missed that lol!  So today I have a card I created especially for several challenges and here it is …

A little A6 card but I love, love, lurve the colours diffused through the parchment
Okay for posting
All those yummy details
That's an awesome sentiment
Shining bright like a silver diamond!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #389 Feature a Creature
Butterfly Challenge #66 Quotes and Quick Silver
Craft Stamper Challenge November Take a Stamp: Anything Goes


& a Mood Board: I was inspired by the gorgeous colours

Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Shine Bright Like a Diamond:
I hope this fits as I used Distress inks to colour the base layer
The Pencil Case Challenge #32 Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge November Card Challenge


When I won the voucher over at Simon Says Stamp challenge I was determined to spend most of it on the Simon Says Stamp brand.  They have some gorgeous stamps and stencils, as well as everything else; that really appealed to me.  Once I had decided on two of their stamp sets and two of their stencils I had a look at the other brands and the one item really stood out to me was the Prima stamp set.  So that had to go in the shopping basket as this is a set I have lusted and wished for since it was realised and it is hard to find it over here.

So I sat down last night and played with a Simon Says Stencil, my watercolour pencils, Tim Holtz Distress re-inkers and this Prima stamp set.  Now I made an error on the card in that I forgot to photograph the background before putting the vellum layer on.  Not normally an issue as I normally remove the brads and photograph it then put the brads back in.  For some unknown reason I attached with the brads and then glued it in place where the embossing is heavier.  Grr, anyway I think you can see the necessary details and I am happy with this lol!

Please accept my apologies for not being around.  My mister and I have been very badly affected by loosing our dog Eddy.  We had absolutely no idea how much we used to interact with him.  I guess you don’t realise that until it’s too late.  

Anyways last night I took the decision that instead of me crying so much I’m going to try to fill the time a bit more positively.  In fact we’re both doing it, we’re keeping busy planning for Christmas, we’ve started our Christmas shopping and have had half of it delivered already, thank goodness for the internet and online shopping.  We only have a few more presents to purchase.  This year we won’t be hosting so that’s one thing less for us to stress about lol!   My brother, Bethan and Sophia have decided that they want us with them this year, my goodness I cried happy tears when they asked lol!  So for the next few weeks my time will be taken up with creating Christmas cards and wedding invitations as well as hopefully having time to pop around all your blogs – you crafty types inspire me and I am very grateful for that.  

We know it won’t take the pain away but it might distract me and that’s a good and positive thing, I miss him so much and typing that has set me off again.  I know the mister has been so worried about me so this is a good step.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Prima: Don’t Forget to Fly stamp set
Stencil:
Simon Says Stamp: Bouquet of Flowers stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; anti static pouch; paint brushes; paint palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Crafters Companion: A4 Sheena White Stamping Card
Snippet Pergamano: Parchment paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Derwent watercolour pencils
Tim Holtz Distress re-inkers: Tumbled Glass; Salty Ocean; Bundled Sage; Crushed Olive
White EP
Embellishments:
Sequins, ribbon, brads and silver buckle and bling gem from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; double sided tape; Collall Tacky glue; Pinflair Glue Gel


15 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Give Thanks’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your card is very moving and colorful, Karen! The vellum overlay and bright bling are fantastic!! On a sadder note, I'm very sorry to hear that you and your mister have lost your Eddy. I know how difficult that can be and I'm thankful that Christmas is right around the corner to offer you some distraction. Sending huge hugs and lots of love, Darnell

brenda said...

A pretty elegant understated card Karen, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Kat W said...

A really pretty design with lovely sparkly touches and the sentiment is indeed fab :-)
Thanks for sharing this with us at The Ribbon Girl!
Kat x

Tracy Freeman said...

It looks fab !!! such pretty colours lovely :)
I hope you are doing ok my lovely friend ? sending lots of love and hugs xxx

Mrs A. said...

Using vellum to diffuse the colour is a great idea. I have used glittery gauze material before but I have just purchased some vellum paper so that was a good buy methinks! Love the effect here on your card. super butterfly and I do like the addition of the sequins. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful background, the colors are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, Karen, I am so sorry you lost your Eddy. I still cry over my beloved Muffin that I lost over 10 years ago - he was very special to me. Pets are part of the family, and losing them is heartbreaking. Sending hugs to you and your mister. On a positive note, your butterfly card is lovely - very cool background and gorgeous bling!

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous card! Great colours!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Mervi said...

Lovely card Karen!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Brenda said...

Stunning card Karen! I love the color combo shinning through your vellum. Your butterfly and sentiment are perfect and wow, I am loving that glittery ribbon embellishment! Hugs, Brenda

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a great technique with the vellum. Thank you for sharing with us at the Butterfly Challenge.
Kath x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Bev said...

Such a pretty creation. Thank you so much for joining in with the fun at The Pencil Case.