Friday, 25 November 2016

First family Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Apologies for not being around my laptop suddenly died on me and it turns out I’ve been naughty and not backed up my files and photos. Thankfully the Mister is a real tech geek and was able to retrieve most of it but I did get told off lol!

It’s nearly the end of the month: Happy Thanksgiving to my lovely American friends. I hope your day is filled with all good things and all good memories with the ones you love. With it being the end of November I decided I needed to start creating our family Christmas cards and here is the first one

A large card for a change!
It doesn't look that deep but it is - will be hand delivered
All the yummy details!
A final look

I would like to enter the following Challenges
Addicted-to-Stamps Challenge #136 Dies &/ Punches
  Double D Challenge use red, green & white, optional gold
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #117 Tis the Season: Winter/Autumn
I used three stocking brads, three poinsettias and I stamped the bauble three times 
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #86 Christmas is Coming
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Anything Goes Optional Christmas or Winter 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge November Any Image Goes Any Creation


I got to use some really old stash with a new stencil and a new die. I adore this card! I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the Penny Black bauble stamp and stamped on two parchment snippets and I added clear detail embossing powder and heat set the baubles. The parchment doesn’t absorb the paint so I had time to add the clear detail EP and that’s something I’ll do more of. I inked up the stamp again with the Aqua pen and stamped onto a snippet white card. I then scribbled the pen onto acetate and painted the edges of the card too. Once the card was dry I added Spectrum Sparkle clear overlay pen over the bauble and to the edges of my card and I wish I’d captured the sparkle, it’s beautiful!

I attached the Penny Black stencil to the side of a 21cm square piece of white card and used the fine nib on my Aqua pen to lightly trace the mistletoe onto the card. Once I had finished the first time I reversed the stencil and added a second tracing. Once I removed the stencil I used a damp paintbrush to colour the mistletoe leaves, I did have to scribble the Aqua pen onto some acetate as the fine nib is very fine. I used my Spectrum Aqua gold to add golden berries.

I used a lot of white snippets and patterned paper snippets to create my own embellishments – poinsettias and sentiment. I die cut the sentiment three times with white card and I coloured one of them. I did the same with the poinsettias some white card which I coloured and some smaller snippets patterned paper. I used a 20cm square card, an A4 piece of white card was trimmed to 21cm for the mistletoe panel, snippets parchment paper, white card and patterned paper were used for the die cutting, stamping and added to the card. As I had already used card, parchment and patterned paper I decided to play with some mesh which I used over the stencilled panel – something else to try again in future. Three very old stocking brads, very old tiny brads, and one fabric brad were used too, recently relocated them lol!

I hope you like my card too and I’ve not bored you going into so much detail. I had a lot of fun figuring out what I wanted to use and how I wanted this card to look. I need to get my gear going to get these done as I have wedding invites to create too! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Penny Black Brush Stroke Bauble Stamp
Stencil:
Penny Black Mistletoe stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Contemporary Christmas range: Merry Christmas die
Marianne Creatables: LR0142 Miniature Poinsettia Die Set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Country View Crafts: 12” square K & Co paper
300 gsm card
Snippets: white card; parchment; Papermania 30cm square paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Naturals (green); Primary (burgundy)
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Essentials
Spectrum Sparkle Clear Overlay pen
WOW EP: Clear detail
Stickles Platinum
Embellishments:
Die cut sticker embellishments from my stash #
HOTP Christmas stocking brads #
Fabric brad from my stash #
White brads from my stash #
Fine satin ribbon from my stash
Mesh fabric from my stash
Acrylic gems from my stash #
Sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


# Very old stash: most of this must be over eight years old

10 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation Karen! Thanks for reminding me to backup my system ... time goes by so quickly!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Traditional Christmas Colors’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

brenda said...

A super Christmas creation and lots of lovely dimension going on there Karen, it's perfect for our current themes at Penny Black and More and Fasionable Stamping challenges, thanks so much for joning in.

B x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow, what a stunning card with use of many techniques and texture Karen. This is more a little gift instead of just a card.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Di said...

Fabulous Karen! I must dig out my PB bauble stamp - you've used yours brilliantly!!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry about your computer but so happy the Mister could retrieve mostly everything for your!!! Your card has totally wowed me! I love it!!! The ornaments are so pretty, love the mesh as an overlay on that stunning background! I love, love, love those poinsettia flowers, they look amazing. And those little stocking buttons/brads are just too cute! Hugs, Brenda

Marlies said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Karen. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Craftychris said...

Wow! So much detail on your wonderful card. Just fabulous! xxx

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful card, full of so much wonderful detail ~ it's gorgeous Karen! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Linby said...

A beautifully detailed card just perfect for our challenge. Love your layout.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x DT

Vicki robertson said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for joining the Double D November Challenge, "Traditional Christmas Colors".