Sunday, 27 November 2016

Second family Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I hope all my American friends had a lovely Thanksgiving. I’ve been playing with three new stamps and create a Christmas card and here is the end result …

Another large card, 200cm square
This is going to be hand delivered, lol!
All the yummy details, I love how pea green instead of dark green is much fresher
Love this berry sprig stamp
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted-to-Stamps Challenge #136 Dies &/ Punches 
Allsorts Challenge #391 Anything Christmas
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #176 Christmas with Ribbon/s
 Double D Challenge use red green & white 
optional gold
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #257: the sentiment & matt were white & gold snippets; every die cut was created with white & patterned paper snippets
I stamped the spring three times, added three poinsettias & used three substrates: card, patterned paper and gold paper
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Anything Goes Optional Christmas or Winter
Stamping Sensations Challenge November Christmas Greetings


I have had a blitz of my snippets using them for die cutting, the sentiment panel and two pieces were used for the patterned paper background. I also made sure to use several very old embellishments too, I’m slowly getting through it, lol!

There is one thing in particular that our American buddies have shared with us for which I am very grateful and that is the Black Friday sales. Did you manage to grab yourself a bargain over there in the USA or over here. I’ve been a little spoilt because my mum and my Mr have purchased several bargains as my Christmas presents and they were able to get more for their money because of the Black Friday sales. Mr also told me to order some new arts and crafts supplies if they were on sale, lol, so this weekend I am, for many reasons, feeling very thankful. I am looking forward to Christmas more than I have for a while as Luke and Bethan have invited us to visit with them over the Christmas holidays. Our niece Sophia will not be old enough to understand much but I am extremely grateful and thankful which seems very appropriate given the time of year.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Great Impressions stamps: 8161 Merry; 8162 Elegant Branch; 9802 Berry Sprig
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine #11 (leaf dies)
Marianne Creatables: LR0142 Double Poinsettia die set
Crafters Companion Die’sire:
Edge’ables Large Format Fancy Rococo; Christmas Classiques Ivy
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottle

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; 20cm square card
K & Co Blossomwood paper
Gold paper from my stash
Snippets: white card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Primary (used to colour the berry sprig); Essentials (used to colour the branch before stamping
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary; Beautifully Grunge
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear overlay pen
Versafine IP: Black
Embellishments:
Stickles Glitter Glue: Platinum
The Works: wooden bird; half pearls; gems
Die cut large poinsettia from my stash
Lace from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


15 comments:

Craftychris said...

Stunning card! Beautiful colours and I adore the sprig! xxx

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Traditional Christmas Colors’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

brenda said...

A beautiful Christmas creation Karin lovre the funky trees and lovely Poinsettias, not to menion all the dimension, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge,anything CHRISTMAS lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Dora said...

Beautiful! What a special christmascard.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Di said...

Beautiful Karen, loads of snippetty detail and I adore the 'pea green' Great work!

Hugs

Di xx

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card Karen...thank you so much for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

rachel said...

stunningly beautiful Karen - I adore this xx

Pollard Carole said...

Great card thanks for playing Crafty Ribbons Challenge hugs Carole DT

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is such a pretty card, Karen! I love the trees and the little bird, and the great colors!
Take Care!
Michele

Marlies said...

A beautiful creation Karen. A very nice design and lots of lovey dies. thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping sensations and at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I noticed your design over at All Sorts as the vibrant colours caught my eye. Gorgeous card! Shirleyx

Ruza Rebel said...

Gorgeous holiday card! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month.
Ruza
Ruza's Craft Corner

Leah said...

So detailed and beautiful! Just love it. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! :) Love it.
Thanks for sharing over at Addicted to Stamps Challenge!