Friday, 4 November 2016

Sunglasses at the ready, lol, ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I can’t believe its Friday already, lol, we had a busy end of the wee and weekend but I didn’t expect it to cause me so much discomfort and stop my play for so long.  Anyways I’ve had another wee play with my new Leonie Pujol stamp meant I ended up with something quite unexpected, I think it’s graphic style, but whatever it is I like it a lot and here it is …


 
It had to be a nice big 150mm square card this time
A final look: I am more than happy with this one!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #134 Lots of Layers & a Stamp
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #174 Anything Goes with Ribbon/Lace 
Deep Ocean Challenge #141 Die Cuts or Punches
 Dream Valley Challenge #143 One for the Girls 
Scrapy Land Challenge #53 Anything Goes: I used Sizzix & Spellbinder dies
Optional Christmas/Winter
The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Pumpkins/the Colour Orange 


Many of you know that I have been experimenting with my style on and off for a couple of years now.  I’ve learnt not to try and box myself in and just go with the flow and try different styles and different looks.  I love pastel colours and I love bold shades, so much that I can’t say I prefer one over the other these days.  I do really like playing and experimenting and I am much happier now that I’ve tried the CAS style and the fussy style.  I can do both now but I do prefer the fancy or fussier style.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Leonie Pujol: Everlasting Love stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies
Spellbinders Nestability Dies: Lacey Squares
My Favourite Things Die-Namics: Hello There set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
300 gsm card
HOTP paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge
Ranger Archival IP: Black
Embellishments:
Ribbon
Brads
Die cut flowers from a magazine
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


13 comments:

Darlene said...

LOL ... yep it's bright ... but it's also BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Pumpkins or the color Orange’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

rachel said...

wonderful - this is fabulous Karen - I love the colours x

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous card! The flowers are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Carol said...

Lovely bright and beautiful creation Karen, love it. Carol x

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a beautiful card! Love those colours, so bright and cheery. Your flowers are gorgeous, a great match to the ones in your lovely image. :)

Lin said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous design in our 'One for the Girls' challenge.

I love those flowers and the warm rich background!

Lin
Dream Valley

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with a lovely design. So bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card Karen...love the bright cheerful colours you used...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful card Karen! I am loving the colors and I am loving those 3D flowers and that stamps! Well done my friend! This card will bring sunshine to someone's life! Hugs, Brenda

SARN said...

It's REALLY GORGEOUS Karen. Love all the detail and the bold strong colours, plus the little bit of ribbon

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Christelle Mendelssohn said...

Great to change form for a square one! A shiny card. Many thanks to join us in Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week and good luck from Christelle DT.

Patricia Chalas said...

so cute! thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge blog!

Pawsitively Creative said...

Just came over to check on you and see how you were doing. Hopefully your sinuses are cleared up. This card is so vibrant, bold, and beautiful! I can see the shimmer in most of the pictures and that is a hard thing to capture in a pic. Love the yellow with the green and orange.

You know I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your fur baby. It is so very hard to get through and even time doesn't help sometimes. Please know that I am thinking of you and sending you good vibes along with happy thoughts. The Rainbow Bridge has another beautiful soul to cherish. Huge Hugz to you dearie! ~Niki