Monday, 19 December 2016

Fifth family Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well. I’ve been playing with several of my older stamps and here is the end result …

Another large card, 20cm square
I had to keep this one flat too as it has to go in the mail
Lots of paint and ink were used to create this one
I adore these deer stamps
This die has been well worth purchasing
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Addicted-to-Stamps Challenge #138 snowflakes with a stamp
Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Inspired by Carol/Song: Silent Night
Claritystamp Challenge Carol Singing & Christmas Joy:
I was inspired by my favourite Christmas Carol which is Silent Night
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge Christmas optional twist of non traditional: my sky
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Christmas Tree: you can just see them under the snow!
The Ribbon Girl Challenge December Any Image Challenge


I really, really wanted to create an aurora night sky with a snow scene and there is plenty of both of them on this card lol! I used my Spectrum Noir AquaTints to try and create the look of an aurora sky. It’s not quite how I envisaged it but the one thing I have learnt is that my Christmas cards don’t always have to be perfect but they do have to be finished and posted.

I started out wetting the top two thirds of the card and then added lines of AquaTints. Luckily I had started to create this last thing so I left it to dry overnight. The next day I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to colour the fir tree stamps before stamping them in position. I used a damp paintbrush to drag the colour inwards. I did the same with the larch tree and deer stamps. It was at this point that I decided I wanted the trees and the foreground to be covered in snow. I grabbed my white acrylic paint and carefully painted around the trees and deer and left it to dry. The next step was that I wanted some shimmer and shine on the snow so I grabbed my Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste and applied that here and there, not all over lol! I also added a little of the Cosmic Shimmer glitter chips too – they sparkle so beautifully I could not resist. Because this card has to go in the post I kept the embellishments minimal again and didn’t layer up with any fun foam.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Claritystamp Ltd: larch tree & deer set; tree stamp (cabin in the woods set)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas: Merry Christmas
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Together Forever: Graceful Swirl
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Pearl and printed background card from my stash
Snippets: white card coloured with Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: bright & beautiful; primary; grunge
Spectrum Noir Aqua pens: Nature
Pebeo: white acrylic paint; Dyna Iridescent Green Blue and Blue Green
Embellishments:
Cosmic Shimmer: Glitter Jewels Chips
Christmas Tree & Resin Bubble from my stash
Twine from a friend
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

14 comments:

Gina Knott said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the background and cute reindeer. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Becca Cruger said...

If it's not how you envisaged it, it sure is pretty! Your mind is a genius place to be!

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful night sky and love the alternate colouring for a christmas card. Like the deer especially the one sitting down. All the ones I have are standing. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

Another beautiful family Christmas card Karen! I love the scene you have created and that night time sky. The deer are beautiful! Hugs Brenda

SARN said...

Hi Karen

Apologies for not being around for a while. I've been having a catch-up with your posts and you've been doing some sterling work. Loving your inking and stamping. The card on this post is SENSATIONAL.

Hoping you're doing OK and the dental trip for your back tooth went smoothly.

Sending you HAPPY CHRISTMAS WISHES.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Hi Karen

Been having a catch-up of your lovely work. Great inking and stamping and mixed media going on.

Sending you good wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a fab card. I love the winter scene you've created...such a great effect with your paints. This is just perfect for our 'Christmas Tree’ challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elegant pretty Christmas card with that fabulous inky sky! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' 'Oh Christmas Tree' challenge. We're so glad you did! Hugs & Merry Christmas, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Josephine said...

What a fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Angela Simpson said...

A great colourful card Karen. Thanks for joining the Clarity Challenge this month. Good luck x

Angela Radford said...

Great card with a lovely Christmas twist. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful colorful card! The deers are pretty in this wintery scene.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges and I wish you a happy New Year!
xx Evelyn

Maike from Maikreations said...

Lovely background and it looks great with the deer and the snowy scene! Thank you for joining our challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting and I hope you had a very merry Christmas! Maike

Kim x said...

Another beautiful card.
Thank you for entering it into my Christmas with a Twist challenge at CCM.
hugs Kimx