Saturday, 24 December 2016

Final Christmas 2016 creation ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you are surrounded by those that you love, whether they be family or friends, and have a wonderful Christmas season. I am hoping that when I publish this post it will mean that we are with my family giving our wee niece a lovely cuddle lol! I have my final 2016 Christmas creation to share with you today and here it is


A final gift bag
Apologies for the photographs - I didn't have time to check them
I do love this bauble stamp!
A final look


This bag was created because I thought it would be a great way to use up snippets and I wanted to experiment a little with my Spectrum Aqua pens. It turns out that if you are quick, really quick, you can stamp once onto vellum, then again and then a final third time and that’s why my baubles are ombre in look. I also made sure I had my detail embossing powder to hand as I learnt that if you stamp onto vellum it stays wet long enough for you to stamp more than once and to add embossing powder: chuffed! This year I’ve learnt that I need to finish my Christmas cards as I make them and I need to create more Christmas tags and Christmas gift bags too. I had to spend most of yesterday adding inserts and there’s other things I’d rather be doing lol!

I will be checking my email between now and the New Year but I may be missing from blogging until January 1st when I have a blog post ready and waiting to go. So if I don’t have time to visit you all I wish you the happiest and bestest of Christmasses!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Penny Black bauble stamp
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Brown Kraft bag
Snippets: glitter card; vellum; patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Nature
Clear detail embossing powder
Embellishments:
Robins courtesy of Miss Pixie
Ribbon courtesy of the lovely Carol
Bling mesh, brads & skinny ribbon my old stash
The Ribbon Girl: 10mm jingle bells
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape



2 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hope you are indeed sharing your time with your loved ones. Have a very Merry christmas. Thankyou for being such a fab blogging friend. hugs From Mrs A.
Those pesky elves send belated hugs to you too. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

What a lovely gift bag Karen! I do love that bauble stamp too! Merry Christmas my friend, I hope you are cuddling that niece of yours! Hugs, Brenda