Thursday, 22 December 2016

Final family Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Thankfully I had finished all the cards last weekend but it’s taken me a while to get them photographed and blogged. I still have wedding invites to finish though, grr, keep your fingers crossed for me my lovelies. Anyways here is this years final family Christmas card …

Another large, 20cm square, card
Thankfully it's being hand delivered!
So cute!
My two most used dies this Christmas
A rejected watercolour piece was die cut and created this pretty flower
I am in love with these cute wooden embellies!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Die Cut Divas Challenge Layers or Layer It
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #86 Part One Cards & Anything But Cards
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #260/261 
TheRibbon Girl Challenge December Any Image Challenge
UnstampaBelles Challenge Flickering Lights & Happy Faces


This year, unusually, I made my Mister’s Christmas card first because there have been several years where he has gone without a card because I run out of time and I was determined that wasn’t going to happen this year. Now this card was a last minute make when I realised that I had, erm, forgotten someone from my list. She is now only seven months old and we know she won’t remember her first Christmas but I just had to create a Christmas card for our Niece. Because my arms and shoulders are hurting and because I really wanted to enter a couple of challenges in particular I chose to: print an image; use the rest of the Christmas and foliage die cuts; and to bust a couple of card snippets. Result lots of little itty bitty die cutting and a card that I think our little one will like when she is a little older: there is something so cute about mice decorating a Christmas tree lol!

I am hoping to catch up with all my lovely friends once we are at my brothers, so apologies for not visiting anyone much for the last few weeks. I really will breathe a sign of relief once we get to their home and once the invites are complete too. That will also mean that I get more time to visit as well creative play too, yes I am taking some supplies with me as we know we have Boxing Day to ourselves and me and mine can kick back and relax and to relax I need to journal or colour lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Computer and printer
Pussy Cat Dreams image
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas: Merry Christmas
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Together Forever: Graceful Swirl
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Floral Delight: Pretty Petals; In Bloom
Tim Holtz Thinlits Sizzix die set: Mini Holiday Greens die set
Winnie & Walter: Happy cutaway die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Craftwork Cards patterned paper (old)
Snippets: Kraft card; purple pearl card; Sheena Douglass white card coloured with AquaTints & Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Essentials
Dyna Iridescent Green Blue and Blue Green
Embellishments:
The Ribbon Girl: 10mm Jingle Bells; Ruby Red Liquid Pearls; Platinum Stickles Glitter Glue
Ebay wooden Christmas embellishments
Twine from my stash courtesy of a lovely friend
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture paste; Pinflair Dimensional glue; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam



17 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your last card is georgeous and though the recipient is only young I bet her Mum will be saving all her 1st christmas cards for her to look at when older.
I still have one more card to make but at a loss at the moment as can't find an appropriate image to use. Best get my skate on or it will be a New Yrs one! Hugs Mrs A.

Wynn Walton said...

Your card will be treasured. I love your cute little gingerbread man as well as those mice!!Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Wynn Walton said...

Ooopppssss......Sorry wrong hat lol!!! Should have thanked you for entering Unstampabelles of course. Christmas rush is defo getting to me Wynn x

SARN said...

Fabulous card for the little one Karen.

Wishing you a VERY Happy Christmas.

PS: There's a calorie-free choc waiting for you on my blog when you have the time!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fabulous card Karen! Those little meeces and the gingerbread man - so cute :) Bound to be treasured I'm sure!

Many thanks for your amazing card, which has pride of place here.

Have a lovely Christmas!

Hugs

Di xx

Michelle N. said...

Such a lovely card for your niece-love the watercolored elements! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's layer challenge!

Dale Tiernan said...

Very pretty and detailed. Merry Christmas to you.

Barb said...

A lovely card Karen. Just popping by to wish you and your hubby a very Happy Christmas. Barbxx

crafty said...

Love all the little animals. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers this time and have a lovely Christmas.
Mary

Arlene said...

What a wonderful card for a little one.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

frommycraftroom said...

A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles. I hope you have had a chance to relax :)

Darnell said...

Your snippets card is just amazing, Karen, as always! I bet this will be used as a Christmas decoration for years to come!! I hope you enjoyed Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Karen, your meeces are so cute! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy 2017. Sue xx

Evelyn Walter said...

What a cute image and the card is pretty!
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges and I wish you a happy New Year!
xx Evelyn

Shylaa Shree said...

amazing first Christmas card with lovely diecuts. altogether a great card. Good luck and thanks for joining us at unstampabelles

Sally Dodger said...

A fabulous Christmas card. I love the contrast between the Kraft background and the vibrantly coloured die cuts, and your mouse image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

Kim x said...

What a cute card, I'm sure it will be treasured for her to look at when she is older.
thank you for entering my CCM challenge again, you have been a busy girl.
Hugs Kimx