Saturday, 17 December 2016

Fourth Family Christmas Card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I grabbed some of my older stamps to create another family Christmas card, and this one has to go in the post, and here it is …

An A5 winter scene
It's not going to be expensive to post either
The Kraft card was perfect for the background and scene
It is so pretty IRL, the sparkle is lovely!
This larger sentiment is perfect for A5 or bigger cards
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge Christmas optional twist of non traditional: my sky
Scrapy Land Challenge #55 Anything Goes: I used a Crafter’s Companion die
The Ribbon Girl Challenge December Card Challenge


I wanted to create a card with a snowy winter and not a black night sky and I wanted to add a chipboard house too. I have no idea why but that was what popped into my head when I realised I needed to create a card that wasn’t going to cost a bomb to post. I painted the scene using my Distress re-inkers before stamping the pine trees in the background and the large Larch tree in the foreground. I left the sky to thoroughly dry before I painted the grass/field. Once that was done I painted my chipboard house and fence with acrylic paints. Because there is a gap where the window and door are I realised I needed to back the house so I used a snippet of white card that coloured using my Distress ink pads tapped onto a tile to paint with.

Once everything had dried I attached the house to the scene and then got a bit heavy handed with the Cosmic Shimmer texture paste I purchased before Christmas time last year as I wanted to add snow to a couple of my scenes (note to self is that once that it is opened I need to use it up). I applied the paste to the trees at the back, the larch trees and the roof then I added it to the front of the scene and added Cosmic Shimmer glitter jewel chips (got them from Country View Crafts and I love them) to make that snow look thicker and whiter – very very sparkly that is!

The sentiment was die cut from snippets and the Kraft card is a reject from the wedding invites. The background paper on this card is the last of my Making Cards magazine papers: singing Hallelujah right now because I finally those papers up! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Claritystamp Ltd: tree stamp (cabin in the woods set); large larch tree (larch trees & deer set)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas: Merry Christmas
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: white card for backing the chipboard house; Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint coloured snippets for die cutting the sentiment
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inker: Broken China; Peeled Paint; Dusty Concord; Red Barn
Pebeo: white acrylic paint; Dyna Iridescent Green Blue and Blue Green
Adirondack IPs: espresso; meadow
Embellishments:
Christmas Tree & Twine from my stash
Cosmic Shimmer: Glitter Jewels Chips
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


13 comments:

rachel said...

absolutely brilliant Karen - I love this - really great scene and brilliant elements! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CVC too! hugs rachel x

Lori said...

What a sweet winter scene - fun sky! So glad you linked up to my Christmas/Winter Challenge at Choux Choux paper Art!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words! Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Karen! I love your little scene! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

brenda said...

As always a superb creation Karen.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

B x

Evelyn Walter said...

Lovely wintery scene! I like, the die cut elements you added.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges this month! Have a wonderful christmas time!
xx Evelyn

Emma Williams said...

Another fabulous card and I love the scene you've created...it's gorgeous! Thank you once again for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) xx

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful scene you have created for this Christmas card Karen! I love the setting and wouldn't mind living there myself. lol I'm sure your family members are going to just adore these cards. Hugs, Brenda

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous work and a very lovely scene you created. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Glenda
DT

Sue said...

This is lovely Karen, a great snowy feel. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy Christmas. Sue xx

Pam said...

What great use of many techniques to create this lovely winter scene. Thank you so much for sharing your design with us in our "Christmas With A Twist" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers! Please come back in the New Year for a whole year of fun challenges.
:) Pam

Katelyn said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog.
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

S@ndy Diller said...

Wonderful wintery scene. Burrr! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

Kim x said...

What a lovely scene.
Thank you for entering my Christmas with a Twist challenge at CCM.
Hugs Kimx