Wednesday, 7 December 2016

Glisten & Sparkle ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, please accept my apologies for not being around much, there is moaning beneath the challenges I want to enter these two into so you may want to skip that lol!  Anyways when I saw the challenge over at Indigo Blu this month I knew exactly what I wanted to create, unusually, and creating that card spurred me on to creating another one and here is the first one …

 
Not a Christmas card and okay to post
I adore the stamps that let me create a scene like this!

Here is the second one ...

  
And a second not a Christmas card!
A final look at this
 
A final look at both

I want to enter the An Early Winters Evening into these Challenges
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #258 the sentiment & Kraft matt were snippets

I want to enter both of them into these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #392 Clean and Simple: I may have to remove this as there seems to be a difference of opinion of what clean and simple is
FashionableStamping Challenge #117 Tis the Season: Winter/Autumn
IndigoBlu Challenge Glisten & Sparkle
The Ribbon Girl Challenge December Card Challenge


Both of these were created with Spectrum Aqua pens and Spectrum Noir AquaTints. For the Farewell to Autumn card I created an orange sunset by adding clean water into the inside of one of my dies (placed on the card) before adding the yellow, orange and red, I heat set the sun before painting the sky and the land. I finished this just before bed so I left the whole thing to dry overnight before moving onto the next step. I used my gold, orange and red Sakura sparkle pens to add shimmer to the sun and I used a damp paintbrush to blend the colours and quickly dried that before the next step. I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the cow parsley, the grasses and the tree branches. I added a little sparkle to the centre cow parsley because I wanted to try and make it look like it was glistening in the sunset. Once dry I distressed the edges of the panel before adding some twine and a metal embellishment.

For the second card I wanted to create the look of a cold early winters evening, so the sky wouldn’t be one tone of black/dark blue. I added a layer of clean water across the skyline and then used AquaTints to colour which I dried before colouring the land. Once dry I used Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the stamps before stamping them in position. I dried them with my heat tool and then added Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste because I wanted to create the look of a cold frosty night. I wrapped it with twine before matting onto Kraft and adding to a card blank. I kept both of these cards CAS style because I wanted the scenes to be the stars and I think I managed that lol!  

I am trying to get my brothers wedding invites created as well as our Christmas cards and I’m panicking because they still haven’t made the final decision about the text and that needs finalising. It’s three weeks until Christmas. We’re going to my brothers in two and a half weeks. I have broken my large bottom back tooth which has got to come out on Friday afternoon. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that it won’t break into many pieces as that happened with the last one, it broke into many pieces whilst the dentist was taking it out and that is so not pleasant in any way! I have an inkling I’ll have to take some tools and the materials for the invites with us as I’ll be frantically creating them all the way up to Christmas eve. I don’t have time to visit anyone’s blog and be inspired that isn’t helping either. I have lovely new stamps and stash ready and waiting to be played with but I don’t have time. All of this is making me really grumpy! 

Thank goodness for online shopping, this year we have purchased every present online as well as some new clothes too. That has been a real life saver and something we’ll do from here on in. If you read all of that and are still here – huge big thanks to you, I just need to calm down and get on with it once I’ve posted these beauties lol! I love my Indigo Blu stamps and it was nice to take a little time out to play with them, I shouldn’t have but I needed me time so there lol!. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Indigo Blu stamp set: Nature I
Die Cutting Machine & Die/s:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby: Happy Birthday die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Spellbinder Classic Circles large die used to make the sun round; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets Crafters Companion Kraft card
Snippets white card coloured with Pebeo Dyna Iridescent paint
Craftwork Cards patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful; Primary
Spectrum Aqua pen sets: Essentials; Nature; Primary
Sakura Sparkle pens: gold; green; orange
Embellishments:
Baker’s Twine
Metal coin from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


16 comments:

Kathleen said...

Karen these are absolutely beautiful cards but unfortunately they are not clean and simple.

Kath - Allsorts DT.

Mrs A. said...

These are utterly gorgeous. I love the colours. Hope your visit goes ok at the dentist. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

As always a really lovely creations Karen and super stamping and inking, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts and Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

I know what you mean about CAS interpretation, whenever I make one for thast theme I am never quite sure if it fits the prief, I think Annie was looking for basic stamping and single layer cards


B x

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Karen, I love the colours you used and the scenes are really lovely. Hope the dentist goes well for you - and that you manage to get on top of things. Some stuff isn't as important as you might think - although obviously the wedding invites are! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous vibrant cards ! Thanks for your visit to my blog. Have a great day, Shirleyx

Gina Knott said...

Such beautiful cards Karen! I love the scenes you have created and the colours are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Karen. I hope all went well at the dentist...it sounds awful. I love both of these cards. Gorgeous scenes.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Sue Ralph said...

Beautiful Cards Karen with such different looks because of the colours. The orange sunset is beautiful. Thank you for joining in the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge. Good Luck xx

Team Clark said...

Both of these are so pretty, Karen! Well done! Hugs, Autumn

Darnell said...

I'm glad you got some ME time, Karen! It's the only cure for frustrations!! I wish you all the best with the tooth and with your brother's invites. They aren't being very considerate of the stress on you and how long it takes to create handmade invites! I'm sending you hugs and prayers! Don't worry about not visiting me; I totally understand! Happy Holidays Hugs, Darnell (OH, haha, btw, your cards are extraordinary!!)

Caryn said...

Fabulous cards - such a gorgeous technique.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

rachel said...

two beautiful cards Karen - I adore them both! thanks for joining us at the Indigo Blu challenge and good luck! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

These are beautiful Karen, so atmospheric! Have a lovely Christmas. Carol x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Karen both these are like works of art...sooo beautiful ...so much of true art and skill have gone into their making. I am in awe my friend!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Ally said...

oooh gosh, these two cards are stunners! Love them, can't say which one I like better! Absolutely gorgeous!!
xoxo, Ally

Pawsitively Creative said...

What lovely card designs and so beautifully put together. Fantabulous green tones in the first and magnificent blues in the second. The layering of the colors and the stamping and shimmer are totes wowzers! Awesome sauce! ~Niki