Thursday, 1 December 2016

House of Cards December Blog Hop and prizes ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, it’s so nearly the weekend and not long until Christmas either lol! It’s the first of the month but the end of the fifth term at House of Cards. We will be saying a fond farewell to some of my lovely team mates and fortunately some of us are staying, I am one of those lol!


To say goodbye and thank you we are celebrating with a blog hop with lovely prizes too! The blog hop will run from December 1st until December 15th and we hope you play along with us. Any card style is welcome and we’ve a beautiful photograph inspiration for your crafty enjoyment. Here is the inspiration photograph …


Isn’t that a beautiful photograph of a mantle and Christmas decorations? I love it and I was lucky enough to be able to purchase several beautiful new stamps from one of our sponsors and I have a card to share with your today and here it is …

A nice big A5 card just in time for Christmas!
It will be posted in a box
All the yummy details
  
The beautiful branch and sentiment stamps
  
The poinsettia set is my most used Christmas die set
A final look

Mynn | Cohenna | Donna | Em | Heather | Jane | Judy
Karen | Katarina | Katy | Leslie | Linda | Merethe
Michele | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Susan | Tina | Toni

You should have arrived here from Judys blog and your next stop is Katarinablog. If you get lost along the ways return to House of Cards Challenge and start again. I know my multi talented team mates are going to awe and inspire you!

Luckily enough this also fits the following Challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge #143 Santa is Coming to Town
Fantasy Stampers Challenge #76 vintage Christmas
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #117 Tis the Season: Winter/Autumn
Time Out Challenge #71 Christmas; optional twist Glitter/Shimmer

  
I did try very hard to keep my backgrounds white with not much extra detail but I found myself splattering my paint brush so that the pink and the sparkle is on every piece of card. I struggle to create clean and simple cards or cards with no background details, so I just went with the flow and I am reasonably happy with the end result.

When I popped over to Great Impressions to check out their Christmas stamps there were two images and one sentiment that really called to me. I just adore this large twig and berry branch, it’s so pretty and I am going to get a fair bit of use from it too as I can envisage it making beautiful backgrounds as well as focal points and the fact that each colour looks so different is a real bonus too. I also purchased a berry sprig which I used for the background and that’s going to be used the whole year too. So it’s only the sentiment that won’t be used as often, lol. These days I do to purchase stamps that are classics and useful all the year through and not mounted, buying them not mounted means storage space isn’t so much of an issue these days.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Great Impressions stamps: 8161 Merry; 8162 Elegant Branch; 9802 Berry Sprig
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Marianne Creatables: LR0142 Double Poinsettia die set; LR0227 Anja Leaves #2; LR0163 Curled flowers (leaves)
Create & Craft Couture: 335004 The Songbird Collection
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Crafters Companion: Sheena A4 stamping card
Snippets: pearl card; stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Tim Holtz Distress IP:
Tim Holtz Distress re-inker: fired brick
Sakura pen: Red Sparkle
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear Overlay
Various watercolour or acrylic paints were used to colour the leaves before they were die cut
Embellishments:
The Ribbon Girl: miniature pine cones
Recycled ribbon from packaging
Stickles glitter glue:
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; fun foam; Collall Tacky Glue



24 comments:

Katy said...

Hello Karen! Your card is beautiful! I love the images you chose and the poinsettias! Love it! :) Hope you have a Merry Christmas. :) Hugs- Katy HOC Teammate :)

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Looks amazing and very festive. I don't mind your CAS style ;)
Katarina HOC Teamie


my blog
DT cfartyenjoyments.co.uk 
DT House of Cards Challenge blog

María Pilar said...

Beautiful card. I love your poinsettias

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi your card is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Challenge 76 “Vintage Christmas” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. It's been an honor working with you at HOC and I look forward to more of the same in 2017!
Hugs,
Em

rachel said...

such a pretty card - love this Karen x

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous attentions to details! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Rein said...

Stunning card!

Craftychris said...

A stunning card! Lots of yummy Christmas detail! Love it! xxx

Daen'Ys said...

Even with a lot of elements, this card looks very "light" and clean! Fantastic creation!!
Hugs, Rosi

Chris said...

A fabulous card, so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ this month.
Chris
x

Jerrie said...

This is such a beautiful card! Love all the elements you have used!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I love the berries on the branch! It's been a real pleasure working with you here at House of cards this year!
Holiday Hugs!
Michele

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the embellishments.
The arrangement of the flowers
makes a nice design.
Great card.
thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I love all the texture and dimension! :o)

stempelfrida said...

Oh wow, your card is so darling! So many wonderful details. You put lots of love into it! Kind regards from stempelfrida

Nonni said...

Those flowers have such pretty dimension.Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

MHK Designs said...

Karen, this is beautiful! I adore the fabulous layering and rich tones! The layered flowers are perfect, too! Gorgeous card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how beautiful - so many details - and so much eye candy. Great job. Shirley H. Teammie

brenda said...

What a super creation Karen, lovely colours and so much dimension. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Chantal said...

Amazing card, love the digi and the flowers.
Hugs, Chantal S

Judy V said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love the way you combined the stamps used!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Karen. I can totally relate to the struggle of keeping backgrounds white lol. This card is stunning!!! Love it.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Beate Rauer said...

absolutly amazing! Hugs,Beate