Sunday, 11 December 2016

Journal play ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have awesome weekend plans. I finally put aside some time to finish some journal pages that I have been working on and here is how it looked when I originally finished this page …

Not bad but something wasn't right

And after some further play …

I am beyond happy with the end results
It has so much more depth and texture and I love these blossoms - been drawing them for years!

And here is my second one trying this style and look …

Snippet play!
And a final look at this one

Created for me and especially for these Challenges  
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge  #28 Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft Challenge  #42 Anything Goes
Spectrum Noir December Facebook Challenge Anything Goes Bonus Clean & Simple
The Pencil Case Challenge #34 Anything Goes 
We Love 2 Create Challenge #25 Anything Mixed Media Goes


I have to say that the end result is because of the Crafters Companion Colorista Course. I had the basic flower shapes that I wanted and wasn’t sure how to take it forward until I did the colouring course. Thank you so much Crafters Companion! The what I used and how I used it to create these pages are quite basic. I used a water soluble drawing pencil to sketch the flowers and then I went back with my Spectrum Aqua pens to outline the flowers, the petals and the flower centre. For the both I used my Spectrum Noir AquaTints to colour the background, I used my Colorista pencils on the pink flower to add detail and depth, I used my Derwent colouring pencils were used to add detail and definition to the blue and white flower. A white chalk pencil was used to add the highlights to the petals. I used my Sakura Sparkle pen to add shimmer to the centre of blue and white flowers. Yay! I am happy with the end result and will go back to some of my other watercolour attempts to see if I can make them better too.

I’m doing okay after the dentist visit, just sat on the sofa hugging a warm wheat bag to my jaw. The removal was no where near as bad as the last one and even though it blooming hurt I was out quite quickly the tooth didn’t fracture and it only took two pulls for the dentist to get the sucker out!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette/acetate

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: landscape
Tin of 24 Derwent Coloursoft pencils
Spectrum Noir Colorista Pencils Set 1
White Chalk pencil
Clear Sakura Sparkle pen



4 comments:

Carol said...

You've done a fabulous job here Karen, I love the end result. I've got the colorista course but not yet had time to look at it! Carol x

Craftychris said...

Wow! Your colouring is spectacular! Awesome detail and fab colour choices. Brilliant work! xxx

Helen Haines said...

Great job. Thank you for joining us at the Anything Goes Challenge at The Pencil Case. Helen DT

scrappymo! said...

Your hand done flowers look fabulous. Journaling must be a wonderful way to express your thoughts and feelings.
Thanks for the kind words on my Mum's passing. It meant a lot to me.