Tuesday, 13 December 2016

New stencil, an older stamp set ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been playing with my Spectrum Aqua pens, Colorista and Derwent pencils again, this time with a stencil lol, and here is the end result …

 
I have a few more Christmas cards to finish but it was nice to take a break
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
The Pencil Case Challenge #34 Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create Challenge #25 Anything Mixed Media Goes


I was a little naughty over the weekend playing with a new stencil when I was supposed to be working on Christmas and DT cards, oh well I do get a bit desperate to play with new stuff when I shouldn’t be lol! I used my lovely Spectrum Aqua pens to draw the layout of the tulip heads before I added the stems and leaves. I applied several layers of watercolour drying the card thoroughly in between each layer. Once dry I went back in and added some more shadow and definition to the leaves and stems. Then I stamped the sentiment and I felt it needed a little more so I grabbed a purchased die cut flower and then I die cut a rolled flower and added that and I was happy lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp: BE sentiment set
Stencil:
Simon Says Stamp: Bouquet of Flowers stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Marianne LR0163 Chinese Rose set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippet: for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature & Primary
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards die cut flower
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; Washi tape

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Karen!! It looks like a watercolor painting!! I love the colors!! The rolled flower is a perfect touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

Echoes of Spring Karen, very welcome during these dull dark winter days and super watercolour effects.

B x

Jane Savage said...

Lovely make and technique!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx